• No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Logi

What is your steam name?: Logi

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:95923448

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Morbie#6969

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: No

What date did you start playing on the community? March 10 2023

What date did you make your forums account? August 28, 2020 (i played for like a day and quit until march 10 2023)

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? I have zero warnings imgur link

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc): Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?: No

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: HST     (JST at the time of writing this but it will be back at HST on the 14th)

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe that I am a good candidate for the staff team of GL because I have shown that I am trust worthy, responsible and helpful. I received a command position in E11 on April 2nd and I became event team on May 13. Since then I've received zero strikes or warns of any form from E11 or event team because I acknowledge and respect the rules. I don't and have never power abused, neither with the authority of Epsilon-11 command nor the power of event team. I've done my best to try to make the server a more enjoyable and welcoming experience by making fun and creative events/pts on event team or assisting player's roleplay in event team sits. I want to improve my capability of doing this by becoming a staff member and being able to take more types of sits allowing me to assist players more often. I care about this server and community as a whole, I want to be able to improve it any way I can.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

First I would !gag the player and ask them why they are cussing at me while I verify that they did Mass RDM. I would do this by checking logs to verify that they are mass RDMing. I would check with the people he killed to see if they or anyone else near them had video evidence to remove doubt. Based on the mass rdmer's answer to the first question I asked them, I may or may not warn them for staff disrespect. If I decided that they should be warned for staff disrespect then once I fully verify all evidence, I would warn them for Mass RDM|Staff Disrespect and request that an admin+ ban them for 5 days. If I deemed that they didn't staff disrespect, it would still be the same warn and requested ban, just without the |staff disrespect part.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

I would separate them and talk to each of them individually. I would use the info I got from our 1 on 1 conversations to make a final decision.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

I believe that showing remorse for a punishment could possibly make them eligible for a lighter one depending on what they did and that not caring just makes it so they get the full punishment, not a mitigated one. Like if they broke NLR and I caught it and they were truly remorseful, I would simply give them a verbal and explain to them the rules that they broke because I'd know that they likely wouldn't do it again. If they were clearly uncaring, I would give them a formal warning and also explain to them the rules that they broke.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

I would gather as much evidence as possible before making any decision. Solely relying on word of mouth accusations can lead to misunderstandings or false punishments, something I don't want to happen. I'd ask the reporter if they had any concrete evidence such as screenshots, a clip, or a detailed description of actions IF the bug they were abusing was showing up on the logs to corroborate the description. I would check the hard evidence and if it deems that they were bug abusing then there are multiple possible outcomes. One possible outcome is that if they are truly remorseful and misunderstood the rules and the bug they abused wasn't a big issue, I'd give them a verbal for fail rp and explain to them that exploiting isn't allowed. Now if they either didn't show remorse/broke rules on purpose or the bug they exploited was a big deal, I would have to give them a formal warning for fail rp|exploiting and also explain to them the rules. On the other hand, if I deemed the hard evidence inconclusive/not enough then I would deem the reportee innocent.

Edited by Logi

E11 1LT CI 2LT

Former: E11 CPT | SEC 1LTO-1 CPT 'Conquest' 

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT