Devils SCMD Application

Devil Doc

Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Become a Member of Research Senior Command?

• Yes
    • No

In Game Name:  
Devil Doc
Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:589296216
What's your current Rank & Branch: 
RS Devil Doc (Former RM, Former RRH Squad Lead)
What Type of Command Position are you applying for (Senior Command / Low Command):
Senior Command (Foundation Doctor/Research Administrator)
Date of when you first joined your branch:
Unfortunately, I am not sure of the specific date however, I believe it was around Late 2021.
Why do you deserve the position? (50+ Words): 

I'm working hard at trying to create events currently as Research low command, however, at my current rank, my abilities are limited.  I am doing what I can, and I am doing it well.  Id love to be able to do more and more.  Also in fairness, my activity this past week has suffered due to me being a combat trauma instructor.  It's sapped up a lot of my time.  Especially since I live in the PST time zone so by the time the EST people are done playing, sometimes I've just signed onto the server.  I plan on remedying this issue once these classes get less packed and I have a little more free time.  
What is your main goal of being Research Senior Command (100+ Words):
In just a few words: Reviving and revitalizing the branch.  Before I left, I remember tons of researchers always being online no matter the time.  Tests were always occurring which made people happy.  D-Class were happy to get the roleplay and the fun.  Activity was at an all time high.  Being gone, I didn't witness any kind of specific event that led to the decline of research, however, I very much enjoyed playing as command and still do.  I also enjoyed working with research as an RRH Analyst and bringing fun to the junior researchers.   Below you can find the key problems I've identified and recommended solutions for said problems.
Do you think there is any issues with the branch and if so how would you fix it:

I see a few issues with the research branch as a whole.  They can be summed up to the following:  Activity, Recruitment, Limited Combat, and Lack of Interest

ACTIVITY:  This across the board is pretty abysmal.  All of command, along with enlisted are rarely active.  The command activity can be partially attributed to quite a few resignations, which I believe caused a domino effect in the branch.  The branches Command needs to be rebuilt.  We've got some good ones, but we also have some inactive ones who need replacing.  As far as the enlisted side, command can push more activities like trainings, mass tests, PT's, or even just competitions for promotions or monetary rewards.  Maybe a rework of the divisions can help that as well.  I feel like it spreads them out a little too thin.  

RECRUITMENT:  Realistically, activity, and lack of interest can both be attributed to a large problem with recruitment.  Recruitment numbers have plummeted since I was gone.  An improvement we can make would be comparable to GENSEC.  We can make being trained for RRA to be mandatory for promotion past the researcher rank for example.  It doesn't have to be that specific rank, and this can be discussed and figured out.  I also don't ever see anyone else advertising for the training of research recruits.  There is never a "Join research today" advert in chat.  Ever.  

LIMITED COMBAT:  This is pretty reasonable.  Research is primarily an RP and non-combatant branch.  However,  RAU could probably get a revamp to promote more activity and trainings in it.  I would argue people would like to see a little more combat and not be entirely locked into the non-combatant realm.  Examples: Mobile Mop Force and Combat Medics. Honestly, maybe even creating an SCP that helps research.

LACK OF INTEREST:  In regards to this, it causes a domino effect of lack of recruitment, which leads to a lack of activity.  Why not push a branch update out?  Branch updates boost recruitment, interest, and keep people in the branch.  They reduce any chance of playing becoming stale and boring.  

Why should we accept you into Research  Senior Command? (150 word minimum):

Research needs it.  Something needs to change.  New people need to join the ranks and help improve it.  Because without it, unfortunately, the branch as a whole may become too gone.  I don't think anyone actually wants to see it that way.  I have previous command experience in research, especially along the timeframe of when it was booming.  I also have command experience in other communities.  I was a VCMDR in the 212th in another communities Clone Wars RP (Dead community, few years back) .  I was a Jedi Council Member in IFN's Jedi vs. Sith server.  In terms of video game branch leadership, I would say I'm competent in understanding the dynamic on how branches operate.  In terms of real life experience, I'm a Petty Officer in the US Navy.  Leadership in the medical field is my job.  I manage an entire shift of Sailors which requires great communication skills up and down the chain of command.  It also requires quite a bit of tact.  Sometimes when you want something, you cannot just say, I want this.  You have to go about it in other ways behind closed doors.

Edited by Devil Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Major + support

Dude is super active and has helped every time I’ve had questions in game, as well he helped convince myself and others to join from E11! 

MTF E-11 DoRCU 2LT Trout

MTF O-1 CPL Calypso

Retired Maintenance Command