Stealing Government Cars - Denied

HuntR

What you want to see? - 

• Removal of the rule that criminals may not steal government cars
    • Current rule
      • No government car may be stolen without staff punishment
    • Suggested change
      • Government cars [Excluding neutral classes such as EMS] may be stolen when there are X amount of government online
      • After stealing a government car there is a cooldown of one hour before another may be stolen.
        • Advert Government Carjack Name

Why should we add it? - 

• Staff
    • Fewer stolen gov car tickets
    • Would get less new players in trouble
  • Roleplay
    • Police cars can be stolen, creating a rule where they can not be while in theory is nice but makes no sense. This would allow for more roleplay for both gov and criminals.
  • Crime
    • There can be a shortage of crime some days, and this would allow another crime for criminals to commit.
    • This would increase the amount of jobs gov have to do and give them something to do during slow times.

What are the advantages of having this? -

• I have spoken to many people over the past few weeks both gov and criminals. I have heard many people say they would like to see gov cars be able to be stolen, but no one has wanted to make the suggestion. Many believe it does not make a lot of sense on a roleplay server for cop cars to not be able to be stolen by criminals. I think as long as there is a cooldown on it to where people can not steal them every five seconds it will be fine. 
  • We can always give it a try and if it doesn't work change it back to the way it was.

Who is it mainly for? - Criminals

Links to any content - N/A

I will be making another suggestion that goes with this one for gov car chases if that is the reason you do not support the idea.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

-Support

There is no need to remove the rule on government cars, nor should be changed. This being the rule is clearly as stated. This is a SEMI-SERIOUS roleplay server not serious, which I do understand it's not realistic; but its not even needed to change the rule. Plus, yes It could get less players in trouble but people adverting carjack for it most likely will not happen as I've seen countless times.

minisigforums.webp

32 minutes ago, MiniEpic said:

-Support

There is no need to remove the rule on government cars, nor should be changed. This being the rule is clearly as stated. This is a SEMI-SERIOUS roleplay server not serious, which I do understand it's not realistic; but its not even needed to change the rule. Plus, yes It could get less players in trouble but people adverting carjack for it most likely will not happen as I've seen countless times.

And we want staff tickets so staff can get there quota...

Retired_Signature.png?ex=662460ac&is=662

+support

I don't understand why its a big deal to steal a government car, to be honest I really dont care if my car gets stolen, police should be locking there cars anyways so maybe this is a lesson. And if they leave there car unattended in a unprotected area thats also there fault. I would like to see some stolen gov car pursuits, it seems like people just want the rule because they are to lazy to lock there cars and dont want to roleplay the situation out, but if you dont want to roleplay your car getting stolen. Then dont play police rp. Im fine with it as long as EMS remain untouched and there is a high cooldown to prevent mass stealings of gov cars.

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

3 hours ago, Mark001 said:

+support

I don't understand why its a big deal to steal a government car, to be honest I really dont care if my car gets stolen, police should be locking there cars anyways so maybe this is a lesson. And if they leave there car unattended in an unprotected area thats also there fault. I would like to see some stolen gov car pursuits, it seems like people just want the rule because they are to lazy to lock there cars and dont want to roleplay the situation out, but if you dont want to roleplay your car getting stolen. Then dont play police rp. Im fine with it as long as EMS remain untouched and there is a high cooldown to prevent mass stealings of gov cars.

agreed

And If staff need stealing gov cars to meet their quotas then the quotas need to be rethought. 

9 hours ago, MiniEpic said:

-Support

Just shoot em

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

+ Support

If this is added, there shouldn't be a cool down. It should be treated like regular car theft. I like playing gov, and I am fine with this being implemented; I would love to have more role-play.

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

- Support

Old rule allowed this years ago and cause carnage for months until reversed. Most of the time there is less RP as cops don't have vehicles to respond to jobs. Also gov may be dealing with a situation and can't watch their cars 24/7 - Meaning a simple thief with lockpick can take them. It's just annoying and doesn't improve RP as you could just have a pursuit in a normal car anyway. 

On 4/11/2023 at 9:46 PM, MiniEpic said:

-Support

Additionally gov vehicles are immune to spike strips which makes it hell to stop one.

- PoliceRP Super Admin & Mayonnaise lover -

FBI  Director 1K-21 | HRT Overseer  | SRT SGT | UMC LVL 5 

Reserves: Trooper MAJ  | CERT 2LT  | State Head FTO  | EMS LT

• Head of Staff
16 hours ago, Josh aka Spike said:

- Support

Old rule allowed this years ago and cause carnage for months until reversed. Most of the time there is less RP as cops don't have vehicles to respond to jobs. Also gov may be dealing with a situation and can't watch their cars 24/7 - Meaning a simple thief with lockpick can take them. It's just annoying and doesn't improve RP as you could just have a pursuit in a normal car anyway. 

dM43pL3.png

• Head Admin
On 4/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, MiniEpic said:

-Support

-Support

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I