General Suggestion for Future Map Update: Keep them small and have everything have a Purpose - Denied

Boesermaster

What are you suggesting? - Have every Room in the Future of our Map Updates have a Purpose, such as SCPs, Rooms where CI can obtain something, or Tests for SCPs can be done in, or Add-ons for future additions can be used. (listing everything would be to long so i hope you get what i mean. )

How would this change better the server? - It would reduce the lag on the Server, making Gameplay more Smooth and the map more Engaging. One reason, why LCZ works so well, is becuse every Single Room and Hallways is used for its Full Potenial, which is what we need for Surface, keeping Surface as small as Possible, with the least ammount of extra Stuff, allows us to add more small interactable SCPs on the Server, which otherwise, we might not be able to add becuse of Server power usage. This would make Gameplay also more Engaging. Since there would be something everywhere.

Lets take some Rooms which come to mind, which currently just exist:

The Big Generator Room,

The Big Sea, on Surface. with the Oil Rig on it.

The (Electrical ? Changing ? Surveilance ? ) Rooms in HCZ.

The Super Long Hallways in HCZ

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - There would be less Room for Combat, the Site would be smaller, leaving less Room, to Evade it. Combat would be a lot more Close up, and quick.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - People who like to make SCP suggestions, MTF , CI, Research, of course not directly, but designing Maps like this for the Future would help a lot.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None.

The generator is not entirely useless, CI can host Generator raids in it. Echo-5 gets hosted by both MTF and CI on the oil rig. I don't know what to tell you, but hallways are hallways they serve their purpose. I understand what you mean though.

Edited by Alexxxx

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

9 minutes ago, Alexxxx said:

The generator is not entirely useless, CI can host Generator raids in it. Echo-5 gets hosted by both MTF and CI on the oil rig. I don't know what to tell you, but hallways are hallways they serve their purpose. I understand what you mean though.

Yeah I mean make them shorter Becuse shorter hallways are better for what we do focus on in this server. 

This is just feedback formatted like a suggestion. Please think your suggestions through as it's starting to feel like you're just making them just to make them. The map decision process takes a lot of time and we get lots of feedback before we finalize anything.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT