Ender's (Discord?) Ban Appeal

Dagger

1. Steam Name: Dagger

2. Ingame Name: Ender

3. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:441649770   (Discord ID: Dagger#5885)

4. Ban Length:Ban1.thumb.PNG.ab168fd0f7614a010a179ecbabf5719c.PNG  (Despite this removal log claiming I am banned from all discords, I am only banned from the SCPRP Discord. I was never spoken to by anyone from staff after the ban, I'm guessing the ban is Permanent though.)

5. Admin that Banned you: Most likely Zeeptin

6. Reason for Ban: "Inflammatory Remarks" 

7. Dispute: If I'm honest, I never expected or planned to ever have to make a ban appeal, let alone for a permanent one. I'm going to go into depth on the situation that occurred to defend myself properly, prepare for an essay. 

Many of you know of the video made by a certain Youtuber heavily criticizing Gaminglight PoliceRP for their usage of microtransactions among other things. On Monday I unintentionally found this video a few hours after it was posted by sheer luck, and decided to watch it. I admittedly agreed with a few of the points but overall thought it was pretty funny, and decidedly posted it in SCPRP General chat and commented on how "PoliceRP is in some shit lmao" as I put it.  Another person commented on the video after I posted it and we began having a conversation. Within a few minutes both the video and the conversation were deleted by a moderator (I'm guessing it was Zeeptin). As a response to our conversation being snapped out of existence, I made a comment on how it "Doesn't look good to hide criticism of your community". Zeeptin promptly responded to my message by simply saying "stop"

A little while later a good friend of mine named Dutch (currently a Captain in CI Military) began talking about the video. We talked for a little while and eventually came up to the topic of how an individual by the name of Ecott had donated a total of almost 50 thousand dollars to Gaminglight over the course of a few years. I would like to bring up the fact that I am 16 years old, so I haven't exactly ever had a large sum of money before. So naturally, someone spending this much money on a videogame seemed absurd to me at the time. To comment on how this seemed absurd to me, I mentioned how it simply didn't seem natural for someone to spend this much money on a videogame, and that "It has to be money laundering or something lol" as I put it. I would like to point out that at the time I didn't even know how money laundering worked, nor did I really care since I had said it in what I had assumed came off as a joking manner. The conversation ended shortly after that, with Dutch admittedly winning the conversation with his final point on how some people have a lot of money and can spend it how they like.

A short while after all this happened, Zeeptin replied to the conversation I had had earlier with Dutch, specifically the bit where I mentioned money laundering. In his reply he questioned me about how someone could even realistically commit money laundering through PayPal. In an attempt to emphasis the fact that I was joking about the money laundering comment, I replied to him "The trick is I'm spreading misinformation on the internet, the kids these days call it trolling". I was almost immediately banned from the SCPRP Discord server. 

Naturally, this was a bit distressing. I spent a few minutes talking with some friends of mine in another discord server. Fearing the worst, I then proceeded to check the roster. I had been removed from CI Military by HCZ Manager Ozzie (2LT, spent 3 months getting there. I have been a member of CI on and off for 2 years. I have been a member of Gaminglight for a total of over 3 years). Due to my removal reason mentioning that I was supposed to be banned from all discords, I began panicking since I realized that I would effectively be unable to join any branches on any Gaminglight servers. I messaged a member of SMT on Discord asking if they were available, I was met with no response. About an hour after I messaged them in Discord, I joined TeamSpeak and messaged them while they were in a class, unmuted and undeafened asking if they could please check DMs. I was again met with no response.

I little while after this I was pinged in the ImperialRP Discord by the name of Guinea. This is the conversation that followed: Ban3.PNG.5b926fcecc8a853a5026e0f6b75a0472.PNG

I did not respond to Zeeptin as I was quite frustrated at the time and knew that I would most likely only make my situation worse. 

That is the conclusion to all of the events that happened that day. Throughout the following 2 days I spoke with multiple members of CI and they collectively agreed that it was quite harsh to not only remove me from CI but to also Permanently ban me from the Discord. 

Overall, this seemed like quite a harsh response to a simple joke. I love the server and I love CI, its been a major part of my life since I joined over 3 years ago and I sincerely hope my time here doesn't get cut short over a small incident. 

I am requesting that my ban either be removed or shortened, hell I'd be willing to be banned for 3 months, just not permanently. As for my Rank in CI that was taken from me over this incident, If I am ever unbanned I'll leave that up to CI General Pills to decide. 

• Like 1

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

Hmmm hard to say he really meant no harm at all while yes accusing the man himself of something illegal is pretty bad, I’d say shorten his ban to 3-4 months and have him be watched over when he eventually does come back if ever

+support

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

I don't believe ender meant to seriously accuse GL, It was more than likely an unfortunately timed joke that he didn't know the full legal ramifications of, if he is to remain banned I feel it should at least be shortened

+support

Former: CI COL, S6 Sidious VI, A1 SPC

+support

I know for a FACT this is probably being denied but I do +support it as it was just mild jokes, the most he should've been banned for (if he should've been banned at all for that matter) would be like a month or two like that's pretty harmless considering shit others have done and gotten the same punishment for i am not gonna mention them but if you've been in GL for a while you may know who I'm talking bout probably.

• Like 1
  • Skull 1

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

+support

I certainly don't expect Dagger to know how serious something like money laundering could be especially if someone thought he was accusing them of that. I only knew Dagger when he was retired but he was constantly being a goober in the CI discord chats. I think this is a example of a goober goobering too hard and getting smacked, in the face, like a boss!!!!!!

#RipRND you will be missed

• Owner

I am still in shock that you didn't think you would be banned for saying we are money laundering...

Especially without a shred of evidence of that. Just because a business makes money successfully doesn't mean they are money laundering lol

+support

It may be hard for some to derive sarcasm from text with the absence of facial expressions and vocal intonations, so its understandable as to how ppl take this seriously, but at the same time those ppl who took it seriously need to chill. Getting offended at such a tame joke just looks bad on you as a person.

• Owner
7 minutes ago, Rex Velvet said:

+support

It may be hard for some to derive sarcasm from text with the absence of facial expressions and vocal intonations, so its understandable as to how ppl take this seriously, but at the same time those ppl who took it seriously need to chill. Getting offended at such a tame joke just looks bad on you as a person.

I would disagree with you as legal issues are nothing to be joked about and taken lightly. It is literally my job to take legal issues seriously. 

But then again, I have seen the comments you made over the past few days so I don't really expect you to understand this from our perspective. 

• Laughing 3

2 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

I would disagree with you as legal issues are nothing to be joked about and taken lightly. It is literally my job to take legal issues seriously. 

But then again, I have seen the comments you made over the past few days so I don't really expect you to understand this from our perspective. 

Pls abide by rule 14 of the forums! You are setting a bad example by breaking them!

• Skull 3