1. 1. Should I be made a Trial Mod?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Blossom/Lunar

What is your steam name?: Yolo

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:529708557

What is your discord username: Lunar abet#5350

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:  Yes, I have previous experience with staffing in various online communities and forums. I have held positions such as moderator, administrator, and community manager, where I was responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the community, enforcing rules, and resolving conflicts. Through these experiences, I have developed strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills that I believe will be useful in my role as a staff member in GMod. Additionally, I have a deep understanding of online community dynamics and the importance of creating a positive and inclusive environment for all members.

What date did you start playing on the community?: Around 2021

What date did you make your forums account?: October 14th 2021

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?: 4image.png.1c3c59d948be7b18007cf1b61139d8fb.png

What is your donor rank?: Bronze

Are you a staff member in another community? Currently. No I am not a staff member in any other community. I am only really in this server because I find this server popular and very well put together so i'd like to spend my time in one place only. 

Have you read the staff handbook?: Yup.

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Staff.

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?: 

believe that I deserve the rank for trial moderation because I have a strong passion for gaming and helping others. I have been a dedicated player on this server for a significant amount of time, and I have gained a thorough understanding of the server's rules and community standards. I also possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills, which I believe are essential qualities for a moderator.

Moreover, I am committed to maintaining a positive and respectful environment for all players. I understand that moderation requires patience, empathy, and impartiality, and I am confident that I possess these qualities. I am also open to constructive feedback and willing to learn and improve as a moderator.

In addition, I have previous experience with server moderation in other games, which has helped me develop my skills and knowledge in handling various situations that may arise. This experience has also prepared me to handle different types of players and scenarios that require a level-headed and fair approach.

Overall, I believe that my dedication, experience, and qualities make me a strong candidate for the role of trial moderator, and I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to the server's community.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: 

As a trial moderator, if I encountered a player who was mass RDMing and refused to cooperate during an admin sit by cursing at me, I would handle the situation in the following manner:

Remain Calm: I would remain calm and composed, even if the player's behavior is disruptive or disrespectful.

Communicate Clearly: I would communicate to the player the reason for their admin sit and explain the consequences of their actions.

Listen to their side: I would listen to the player's perspective and try to understand their reasoning, but without compromising the server's rules or community standards.

Give a Warning: I would provide the player with a warning that their behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Enforce Appropriate Punishment: If the player continues to refuse to cooperate and their behavior remains disruptive, I would enforce an appropriate punishment, such as a temporary ban, to ensure the safety and fairness of the game for all players.

Document the Incident: I would also document the incident thoroughly for future reference in case the player continues to violate the rules.

Overall, my approach would be to handle the situation with a firm but fair attitude, while ensuring that the rules and community standards are upheld.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? 

As a trial moderator, I believe that the best way to handle a situation involving a player that does not care about the punishments they are receiving is through a calm, firm, and consistent approach. Here are the steps I would take to handle such a situation:

Communicate the issue: I would first communicate to the player the issue at hand and explain why they are receiving the punishment.

Listen to the player: I would then give the player an opportunity to explain their perspective and listen to their reasoning.

Emphasize the rules: I would remind the player of the server rules and community standards, and explain how their actions have violated them.

Provide a warning: If the player continues to show no regard for the punishment, I would provide a clear warning that further violations will result in more severe consequences.

Take appropriate action: If the player still refuses to comply with the rules, I would take appropriate action, such as escalating the punishment or escalating the issue to a higher level of moderation.

Document the incident: I would also document the incident thoroughly for future reference, in case the player continues to violate the rules.

By following these steps, I believe that I can handle situations involving players that do not care about their punishments in a fair and consistent manner, while also maintaining a positive and respectful environment for all players.

Edited by Reshala

• Manager

Hello Lunar, after reviewing your staff app, it seems you would be a well rounded individual for the server, I play with you on D5 and you are an overall good person to play with. You know people well and you enjoy playing the server. 

However with the past track record of your warns does not show to me that you have decided to re work yourself. Your most recent warn was on January 7th this year for MRDM and Staff Disrespect, that was about a month and half ago, and from what I see you have been doing better since your last warn, and you have been following the rules since then. 

Due to me knowing you and playing with you in D5 a good but I will be giving you a +/- Support

However I feel like you will be able to turn your warn issues around, and become a great member of the community and staff team. If application gets denied I feel like in 3-4 months if you re apply then it would be a better chance to show that you won't break the rules again. The main reason for the +/- is because of the most recent warn, if that did not happen then it would be a +support for me. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT