Has anyone ever owned a gmod server or fivem servers

WD Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have Co-Founded a Gmod server before. It was taken down by the Founder and I for lack of funding though. It was really fun running it and we got a little popular (Had a community of around 500). I enjoyed it and I'm thinking of saving money to start a community again.

• 7 months later...

After retiring out of GL, I developed for some FiveM servers, then a gmod server or 2, after a while I started my own fivem servers and gmod servers. None ever lasted, mostly due to lack of funding (I was young and without a job). I am currently deving a fivem milsim but don't know if its going to release honestly, can't get anyone to fill my command spots and I don't have as much time as I would like to focus into it.

I have learned a lot from deving and running servers, main thing never trust your friends you might be chill with them and all but that doesn't mean you should just give them co-owner or management. Often time because you are friends they feel like they can't really be touched bc like you don't want to play a server you just had to ban your friends from or since you are friends they are more comfortable arguing with you then others in a management position would be, so makes the server and management seem unprofessional and disorganized to have the owner and management getting into arguments over nothing or whatever. But doesn't mean that having friends in high positions is always bad, just depends on your friends really, and how much control you have over them to not be stupid.

I ran my own Garry's mod server. It was mainly just to get experience with networking, hosting servers, and developing a firewall/IDS for it on my own since that's part of my career, but it ended up having a few people occasionally joinning. More of just a hobby than a server though