Benjamin's Respawn Suggestion - Denied

Benjamin

Good idea?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

What you want to see? -  The option to pay money to respawn replaced with the option to make a report.

Why should we add it? -  There aren't many valid reasons for respawning when EMS is on unless the EMS online isn't responding and occasionally people will respawn when they have been RDMd. Both of these can be avoided by adding an option to make a sit rather than calling EMS. E.G, if you are RDMd or EMS isn't active then you can select the report option and staff can demote the EMS or deal with the sit. I am making this suggestion because i recently played EMS ( just as a probationary medic ) and when i compared the amount of code 4's due to death over the radio compared to the amount of EMS calls actually made, the ratio was pretty weak. I don't really see much downside to this as although people find waiting to respawn annoying, it means that EMS would have more calls, and RP situations would be carried out fully rather than a police chase taking place and to avoid getting arrested the perp just jumps out, pulls a gun, gets killed, and respawns. There is the rebottle that you can simply make a report on people who do respawn while EMS is active, but my argument is, why not just prevent respawns happening in the first place. 

What are the advantages of having this? - More value for life, More RP being carried out fully, More EMS calls, Less sits needing to take place about respawning. I don't really see any disadvantages, but i may be wrong. 

Who is it mainly for? - The server as a whole, players will have more value for life when EMS is on and they know they will be arrested still if they get shot. But specifically EMS and Police

Links to any content - 

-Support 

Once you call EMS you can call staff with /report or hitting the F# button to do it. 

They would need to redo the script most likely that we use for respawning when EMS is. 

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

19 minutes ago, [GL] Locus said:

-Support 

Once you call EMS you can call staff with /report or hitting the F# button to do it. 

They would need to redo the script most likely that we use for respawning when EMS is. 

I agree with Locus, I believe this is unnecessary coding for the developers. If they wanna waste money, let them. I personally just think the cost should be raised.

-Support

You are able to make a sit after you hit call EMS. The staff member can verify if EMS is not actively taking calls and respawn you from there. Better off just removing the respawn function all together.

Current

Chief of Police || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || CERT Commander || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Sargeant First Class || DF CPL

@Nicc The premise is to remove the re spawn function when EMS is active, the replacement with making a sit is just an option for what can go in place of the respawn option. What I’m hoping for primarily with this suggestion is to remove the ability to respawn while EMS is online. Even since making this post I’ve seen sits for players respawning while EMS is on. Once the sit is made the player may be given an OOC punishment but as for the RP, it’s discontinued. The -supports I have seen so far are in response to technical issues in making this happen and are focussed on the staff sit option, but generally speaking it’s a matter of disallowing respawning while EMS is online..

• 1 month later...
  • Jimmy James changed the title to Benjamin's Respawn Suggestion - Denied