SCP-012 Test Log

NotPriceless

8/10 length of the paper: Its an average-sized paper. Got no complaints here!

4/5 Terminology (How fancy do you sound): I love neuroscience, Its my fucking jam so hearing all those neurotransmitters being talked about was very nice. That being said I did feel as if some of them were tossed into the paper with no real follow-up.

10/10 Grammar (Is it readable): I had an easy time reading it. Some minor punctuation errors here and there but overall nothing I noticed. Great Job!

10/10 Testing Idea (How good was the test idea): Going to the root of the cause and asking “Why” Is always the first thing we should do when looking at an SCP, the document on 012 has no testing logs so seeing a test that tries to answer WHY its effect takes place is an amazing idea.

15/20 Execution (How well was the test executed): Overall I liked it. The process and the way of measuring its effects on the brain were well done. My only gripe is that you don't go into how it was done. All you say is that they were taken to a neurotransmitting center. Id love to go into the process of how/why this is. In your picture, you show someone with electrodes attached to their head. Expand on that! Your science doesn't need to be all factual and based in reality it just has to fit into the scp world. Other then this the paper is amazing. This is just the one area I feel that the paper is lacking.

10 /10 Format (How nice is your format): Im not a fan of dark background paper usually. A lot of the time its then used with white text/highlights to make it pop out but ends up looking pretty bad. But this I am a huge fan of! It is amazing on the eyes, the logos all around don't conflict with your paper and the format works to break it up nicely using gaps in the paper. My only issue (that I'm not going to reduce points for bc its so minor) is that page 3 felt empty.

10/10 Lore: SCP-012’s lore is a bit bare bones so there isn't much to go off of. I only have one small issue and that's with the infrared lights. While the doc itself lists nothing about the activation of SCP-012’s properties. Most media depicting 012 goes off of proximity to the object not sight.

10/10 Engagement (How engaging was your paper to read): I was invested the whole time. My ADHD ass could read this without getting distracted so enough said.

5/5 Use of pictures: The use of pictures was engaging and always prevalent to the topics you where talking about. Nothing felt out of place and images were even used to increase help talk about the points you were making. Some of the best use of images I've seen in a doc!

Overall Score 82/100

Notes: Overall a great doc! Im happy I could have this as my first grading and can't wait to have more of your papers end up on my desk! On top of that, I love the subject. Id love to see you expand on your 012 research and find out things like why it causes the brain to react this way etc etc.

Edited by Blight Farmer