AS Val suggestion - Denied

Grimitology Tempus

What are you suggesting? -

Lowering the recoil of the tfa_val and lowering firerate to 900 from 1000

How would this change better the server? - Simply making the gun actually usable beyond barrel stuff point blank. Shouldn't have to up my mouse DPI just to try to control it

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -

Nothing would be negatively affected 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - People who use the gun

"The Man With Many Names" Ominous/Azrael/Tempus/Morituri 

Owner of Task Force Vega

Former E11 VCMDR / Former CI LTCOL

-support

you either get really fast or really slow

no in between

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, J0LTY W0LTY said:

-support

you either get really fast or really slow

no in between

The main suggestion isn't even the firerate firstly it's mainly the recoil

Me adding the firerate is simply a way of me balancing out the gun even though there would still be many better options to the gun for one thing considering it only does 31 dmg..

so how is that in beween if there are guns that have 600 firerate all the way to 1000

and many ARs have 800+ firerate?

Not to mention how the AS Val isn't a "normal" AR considering the actual RPM of it is 800-900 irl.

Adding even MORE 

The AS Val is actually technically an SMG.

Edited by Ominous

Owner of Task Force Vega

-Support no need

"To be technical, the AS VAL shoots subsonic ammo, it should be 22 DMG" - 🤓

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+/- Support

The thing needs a buff but not an RPM buff imo. Probaly a DMG and Recoil reduction buff. 

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Jack S said:

-Support no need

"To be technical, the AS VAL shoots subsonic ammo, it should be 22 DMG" - 🤓

The damage wasn't up for debate here.

1 minute ago, Sixx said:

+/- Support

The thing needs a buff but not an RPM buff imo. Probaly a DMG and Recoil reduction buff. 

the RPM i suggested would be considered a nerf because it does 1000 RPM atm

The only reason for its mention is to counterbalance the recoil nerf I mainly suggested 

• Like 1

Owner of Task Force Vega

10 hours ago, Ominous said:

The main suggestion isn't even the firerate firstly it's mainly the recoil

Me adding the firerate is simply a way of me balancing out the gun even though there would still be many better options to the gun for one thing considering it only does 31 dmg..

so how is that in beween if there are guns that have 600 firerate all the way to 1000

and many ARs have 800+ firerate?

Not to mention how the AS Val isn't a "normal" AR considering the actual RPM of it is 800-900 irl.

Adding even MORE 

The AS Val is actually technically an SMG.

based on how the firerate works, (and not looking in C menu), the firerate values arent accurate to the number. so as an example (not that this happens) but an 800 value and a 600 value could be close to the same, but a 900 could be very fast compared to 800. I've watched how the guns are edited for the last weapon update. 

regarding the other part. A. dont relate these to real life
B. idrc about recoil thats a skill thing

C. the SMGs in this server are supposed to have fast firerate and very effective at short range, where as rifles are meant to be medium range

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, J0LTY W0LTY said:

based on how the firerate works, (and not looking in C menu), the firerate values arent accurate to the number. so as an example (not that this happens) but an 800 value and a 600 value could be close to the same, but a 900 could be very fast compared to 800. I've watched how the guns are edited for the last weapon update. 

regarding the other part. A. dont relate these to real life
B. idrc about recoil thats a skill thing

C. the SMGs in this server are supposed to have fast firerate and very effective at short range, where as rifles are meant to be medium range

However by server standard the AS Val is a rifle and in no means is viable at medium range

And I know how to control recoil but the AS Val is different considering I've never needed to up the DPI on my mouse to try and control it and still have to use point blank. 

If you don't have about recoil that's fine

but you probably don't even use the gun

Owner of Task Force Vega