Robby's Delta 5 Application (Epic App Moment)

Marshmallow Purple

Your In-Game Name: Robby

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:94066606

How long have you been playing on the server for?: I started around late 2018 and have been in GL since

List all of the RP ranks you hold on the server. (MTF, Gensec, Etc.) : SGT in Nu7 EXPM In Medical, IA in CI R&D

What Command position are you applying for? (list two): 1LT, or pretty much anything im very flexible and able to adapt

Why do you want to become Delta-5 Command? (250+ Words): I would like to become delta 5 command as I feel I excel in helping new branches take off. I am the creator and helper of many things on both SCP RP and Imperial RP. I was one of the helpers with Beans's HLPR bot idea, Creator of Medical Research and pararescue on Imperial RP and the creator of ST Riot troopers. I also am very good at writing up nice and clean looking documents and SOPs are something I just love to do. Another reason I would like to be delta 5 command is that MTF is one of my favorite branches in the server and in lore so delta 5 is another branch I hopefully can join the ranks of and put that under my GL resume. Finally my biggest reason for wanting to be delta 5 is mainly cause High Command hyped it up a lot and Jack did a good job at convincing me to do this so if its got all this hype from people I respect and get along with why not join them, Plus as command I would be able to help it grow into something as legendary as Omni-9 was or even the OG Alpha-1. I have lots more reasons why I want to join but most of them I have a hard time explaining in actual words rather than pointless rants that pop up randomly. My goal with this app is to not only get into Delta 5 which I do hope happens but also to help expand my skills in several ways. I hope this app not only helps me expand my very bad writing skills when it comes to proper wording but I hope it gives me the experience and constructive criticism I need to keep my SCP RP career alive and my reputation alive.

Why do you feel you are the best option for this position? (150+ Words): I feel I am a good fit for many reasons: The main one being my large amount of command experience but that will be covered later. I also have a perfect reputation on the entirety of GL and I believe I am a good semi serious role player who can also be chill and a good person to play with. I get along with almost everyone so I see that as another reason I would be the number 1 option for these command spots even though its only low command. With my perfect record and good social nature you might already think I'm doing pretty well but alas I have another trick up my sleeve that really makes me stand out from all the others. I am on daily, for nearly 5-6 hours a day and this has always been my strong point and the main reason I have so much command experience. I used to be on for almost half a day at a time but work showed up, however I am still very active as many people on the server can vouch for my claim. Now all these points make me a very good pick for command since a hatching battalion really needs to have an active presence to help it expand and with my constant activity and ability to be both friendly and chill but also perfect record and ability to be serious when needed makes me one of the best choices out there (not to sound like a narcissist). However the main reason I am the best choice is not just my almost unhealthy amount of time spent on the server but if you were to pick me I would be great at advertising new recruits as there is no better way to get recruits with command only being on a tiny bit. Most people here claim to be active and some are correct but a huge majority and a big problem I've seen a lot of is the activity lasts for a while but dies down after around 2-3 weeks and then they become almost non existent. For a brand new branch like this that isnt good at all as having very few officers on but a lot or even all command slots full makes it seem like an innactive branch and will give recruits the misconception that they may be stuck at a low rank for a while. This happened to me before I joined Nu7 as I was on almost every afternoon and in countless logs, but I ended up getting stuck at CPL for over 3 months and then SGT for a month. The main factor was that there wasnt a whole lot of command who were really active and mostly AFK when needed. To sum this little rant up I am 100% the best choice for any sort of command position in Delta-5 as I am almost overqualified for the rank I would prefer to have and I am incredibly active and friendly to everyone.

Why should we trust you for this position?: I have never received as much as a single strike in my near 3 year career and my staff record is as clean as a denny's before a health inspection. Also I have worked with many other trustworthy members of the foundation and can 100% validate my loyalty and desire to help others for reasons other than personal gain. My activity is also a reason on why I can be trusted, it's easier to trust someone you see often than someone you rarely see. I also dont abuse rank no matter the situation and even if I'm in a heated debate with someone either in or not in my branch I never pull the rank card and always keep it respectful. I believe in treating everyone equally and stray away from favoritism as I feel it would lead to issues and problems. I can also be trusted with this position as I am very experienced with document making and coming up with ideas for things such as mini events, subbranches, specialties and even full on changes. Along with these important command skills I also have good communication and am almost always reachable, If I were to become an officer I would be always available and even if I'm not on the server I would still keep up communiction through the discord. Along with my good communication and clean record I'd say I'm very trustworthy even to those who don't know me well as I always try to be honest with others and polite at the same time.

Do you have past leadership / command experience? If so please list them. (Limit it to Gmod only please): In SCP RP I was low command in both the OG Technical and Janitorial branch as well as an OG Medical Elite Field Medic (I went by the name Marshmallow back then). Recently I was also an Operations Supervisor in Maintenance but retired due to not enjoying it as much as Technical and didn't want to hog a command slot. However my command experience on Imperial RP is a much bigger monster: I was Imperial Commandos Vice Commander & Lore Character Scorch, Starfighters Vice Marshall Walter, Stormtrooper Captain Citadel, Nova Troopers 2LT Jury NT20, Medical LTCOL and more recently Captain Citadel of the Medical Corps, Medical Research ISB Director Citadel and Riot Command Citadel were all of my command roles in Imperial RP which I think definitely gave me tons of experience and is 100% the source of a majority of my leadership and administrative skills.

You are in LCZ and Security is requesting assistance due to a Mass D Block Riot; however, Chaos Insurgency has been called out for taking a SCP in HCZ. What would you do in this situation, and why?: Reclaim the SCP as fast as possible as an SCP falling into the hands of Chaos is much more catastrophic than some D-Class with knives rioting. Plus CI is a much larger threat and we cannot afford to risk the safety of the Foundation and our world over some death row inmates creating a fuss instead of the captured and stolen SCP.

What would you do if those under your command are not following orders and are breaking the SOP?: Depending on my rank and their rank I would issue the appropriate punishments. As I have not seen the SOP or have any idea how strict it states this infraction is but all of my judgements and ways of dealing with issues with be based off of our SOP and MOTD if the problem ever gets that high up. Also if the person was a rank I was unable to deal punishments to I would follow the Chain Of Command and report this infraction to them an either let them take over or ask for permission to dish out the punishment myself.

How would you react to someone asking to be put into Delta-5 without a tryout and to be fast promoted?: My personal belief is that someone who gets in a position without putting much effort into getting there doesn't deserve to get that far. However my reaction would be different based on the person and circumstances. If the person got in by writing an application and doing a semi tryout I would have no issue with working with them and would welcome them just the same as a trainee, and if they quickly rose through the ranks by doing well and showing real skill I would feel proud and think that they deserved it even if it was pretty fast. However if the person was either allowed in for unethical reasons such as favoritism or a rigged training I would be pretty annoyed and most likely express my issue with the situation to a proper superior and bring it to their attention if it already hasn't been

Explain how you would react to receiving an anonymous tip about a GOI group: As we are mainly focused on preemptive measures about GOI with possible anomalies I would make note of the tip and then proceed to log it, check if it might be a valid lead and not just a minge, after proving it is valid and writing it down I would mention it to command and my other fellow officers of the same rank and ask for a discussion on our course of action and if any other MTF units should be asked for assistance. In short I would look into the tip about a GOI since that is our main reason for being founded. 

Do you promise to be committed to Delta-5 and to lead by example if you are accepted into Delta-5?: Yes and since I only have one other life on the server I will be a good example for an officer even while not on the job itself. Delta-5 will become my main life if this app gets accepted and you will see my name every afternoon of every single day.

Edited by Marshmallow Purple
  • Like 1

SCP RP - MTF D5 VCMDR Robby CTF D5 Founder/Overseer of Operations "Omniscient Eyes" Mu Cephei COA | Ex CI R&D AIN INF Gerry  | EX RRH Engineer Uniform 48 | EX RS RobbyOG Technical Low Command | Beans’ Test Dummy Participated In The Legendary Technical Bombing Of Site-O5 | OG Janitorial Low Command and Assistant Head of Containment Cleaners | Creator of the DENSEC on Site-O5 | 

Imperial RP - Former Creator of Medical Research Citadel / Medical Captain Citadel  Former IC VCOM Scorch Former SF Vice Marshal Walter | Creator of ST Riot Troopers and Original Leader | Former Nova Trooper Marksman 2LT Judge NT20 

• Toasty locked this topic