Noli's Trial Moderator Application for Gaming Lights SCP RP Server. - Denied

Noli

What is your in-game name?: MTF E11 RCT Noli

What is your steam name?: Noli

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:219671737

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Noli#5554

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes I have staffed over at Icefuse on there Imperial RP and Clone Wars RP as a Moderator. 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) I think it was around April 9 2020. 

What date did you make your forums account? April 14 2020

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? None 

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Bronze.

Are you a staff member in another community? No not currently. 

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: USA Eastern Stander Time. 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) 

Why I want to Join : I have staffed on many Garry's mod servers, Such as Icefuse Imperial RP and Icefuse Clone wars RP. I know what it takes to be a staff member and what they are looking for In a staff member. I love helping out and serving for community's to help show Gods love to others .  I attend to a church called Keystone and serve in there kids ministry helping kids that are 3-Pre K and I love it ! I will jump and any chance to serve in a community in any way possible and I love to speak about God and share the amazing things he has done to others. I decided to apply for staff here at Gaming light because I love to play video games and this happens to be my favorite server to play on Garry's Mod. I wanted the opportunity to serve in this community and share God and his love with others. I also have experience being a staff member and will be able to use my knowledge and staff skills to help serve others !  I'd love to thank all the staff members for giving me the opportunity to apply for staff and help serve here in the community. And I wish best regards to anyone else who has applied, God bless you all. 

My Strengths : I am a caring and loving person towards everyone. I tell the truth because it will only help me. I have much knowledge about staffing and the city/server. I have read all the rules of the server many times reviewing each one carefully. I am willing to dedicate much time to this server to help it grow. I am very fluent in English speaking skills. I can translate some languages for people like Spanish or Dutch. I have good knowledge of how actual hacking like Penetration Testing or Ethical Hacking works and I know how to avoid being hacked. I am a person that does not give up but I go for things I want so If I don't get it on the first try I don't give up but I keep on trying. I am a talker I talk a ton and love talking to people. I have studied hard in school and have learned lots of useful skills I can apply to the staff team. I love helping people and I'm very patient when people are talking so that I don't interrupt them. I make sure to get any form of evidence during situations/tickets before I make the final call over a situation. I am a detailed and dedicated person so when I'm working on something I put time and effort into it making sure that I have a lot of information and detail in it. I'm good with working with people that are all ages no matter how old or young they are. I do not have a tolerance for bullying, racism, hackers or troller's ect I will shut the situation down no matter what and I will make sure there is a form of discipline or punishment involved according to the situation if not it will go to a higher up. I always use a body camera and make sure to get evidence of everything so if something happens to someone or me or I witness something I have evidence to back it up. I'm a good negotiator when needed and I will do what it takes to get something I want if necessary to a fair extension for everyone. I am a calm person and I highly respect higher-ups no matter to circumstances. I lessen and follow directions to higher-ups and do not ignore them. I have experience using administration tools and I know when and how to use them and that they are not made to be abused but there made to be used to help out and benefit the server and that they are used as tools to help you as an administrator. I am straightforward with people and everything I do is to help them and get them to progress further in our community. I am an extremely fast learner and I do what is asked of me. I am good at discussing things with people. I love to teach people how to do things and how things work. I know that there are a lot of kids that join the server and feel overwhelmed with how to get started or people bully them because they sound young and a strength that I have is that I care for them and I'd love to help them out. The last strength that I’d love to put out there is that when I want something done or someone tells me to do it or I want something I am going to go for it and won't give up till I revive what has been asked of me.

My Weaknesses : I have a lot of things in my life that keep me busy and sometimes I can't be in the server to help out but that's not all the time. If I'm dealing with a ticket and I have to punish someone sometimes they will get mad and start cursing at me or being really rude and I don't have a tolerance for that so sometimes I don't get mad but I will usually up the punishment do to them lashing out like that. I am a person who asks questions a ton and it can annoy people but the only reason I'm doing it is to help myself to gain knowledge on things. I am 14 so when taking staff to sit adults or little kids will curse at me or be rude because there mad that they got themselves in that situation, therefore, since I'm Christian I don't retaliate back instead I come up with a different solution. It is not hard to make me upset/not very happy because if something doesn't go the way I intended it to go it can be kind of upsetting to me but I get over it extremely quickly. My biggest weakness is that I am extremely detailed on things and I'm too honest about things so if you ask me something I am going to most likely tell the truth and be supper detailed about it. I can be stubborn on things If I have my mindset during a staff situation it will take a lot of information, begging, evidence or reasoning if you want me to change my mind during the situation. I put a ton of work into my application, and I feel it is a lot for the recruiters to read, but I do it because I want the recruiters to know all about me to decide if I'm a good person for the team. I make mistakes on my application's a ton and I have to edit them a lot. I am straightforward and honest with people so if there not using common sense or not applying their brain to the situation I'm most likely going to question them about it or let them know about it. It is not hard to make me upset not like mad-wise but sad per say. It's hard on me when I put work into a server or application and get nothing out of it because it puts more stress on me and makes me think crazy hard. I show too much love to people and when I'm dealing with tickets sometimes punishments aren't my first resort but more of an apology and I give them a second chance sometimes depending on how bad the situation is. My last weakness is that I love the RP side of the server and even though I'm ready to move on to become staff I will still miss the RP.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1:  After bringing them to a sit, I would ask them to calm down  and if they don't I would gag them and then I would check !blogs to see how many people they have killed and see why they killed them, If I found it was for no reason then I would tell them they will be receiving a ban for Mass RDM. I would warn them for RDM x the amount of people that was killed and then I would get Admin+ to ban them for 5 days.  If they try and appeal on the forums of this ban I would show my evidence to what happened in the situation. 

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?  I would bring Him/Her to a sit and politely show Him/Her the rule that He/Her broke in the MOTD. After that I would give He/Her a verbal warning despite the rule He/Her abused.  I would also tell Him/Her to report the bug to staff next time Him/Her finds a bug. If He/Her knew about the bug and I had some form of evidence supporting the fact that they knew like a video ect. I would give He/Her a game warning. 

Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Edited by Noli

• Noli changed the title to Noli's Trial Moderator Application for Gaming Lights SCP RP Server.

-Support

Do not know you

1st post in 1 and a half years. 

Control F'ed every single branch tab and did not find you on any

Looking at your app it does look much like how Icefuse processes bans however that's not really how we do it here if you need to ban someone for a week's time you talk to an admin usually as soon as possible you dont really have to do CoC. I think you would've known this if you read our handbook so yeah. You also never warned them in the situation explanation. 

• Like 2

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

12 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support

Do not know you

Looking at your app it does look much like how Icefuse processes bans however that's not really how we do it here if you need to ban someone for a week's time you talk to an admin usually as soon as possible you dont really have to do CoC. I think you would've known this if you read our handbook so yeah. You also never warned them in the situation explanation. 

55 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support

Do not know you

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

2 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support

Do not know you

Thanks for the feedback Weeb its greatly appreciated !  🙂

• Gaminglight Love 1

4 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support

Do not know you

Your app must have taken a long time to write. That is my only +support

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

Moving to Neutral support

Raise activity and I believe your fit for staff
Modified app in response to feedback in a positive way to better fit Gaminglights handbook

(While I do think your app is good, you need to increase activity on the server, get known in a good way by joining a branch and being active, respond to suggestions with your feedback, read the staff handbook for Gaminglight, as a lot of the procedures on IFN are different, I used to staff on IFN so I can tell you that with confidence) - modified to feedback and edited app as needed. Believe this shows dedication to application

Edited by ripjaw56789
Changing support

1 hour ago, ripjaw56789 said:

(While I do think your app is good, you need to increase activity on the server, get known in a good way by joining a branch and being active, respond to suggestions with your feedback, read the staff handbook for Gaminglight, as a lot of the procedures on IFN are different, I used to staff on IFN so I can tell you that with confidence)

Thanks for the information ripjaw I have joined MTF E11 a few weeks ago on the server but have not had much time to play on the server due to family and school issues !  I will do my best to be on the server more getting to know you friendly fellas a lot more.  I have also done my best to fix up my application to fit it to the staff handbook a little bit more !  Thanks again Sincerely, Noli 

I feel like this person has a lot of potential of being a t-mod, I ran into him a couple of times on the server and he is really friendly. He usually plays as mobile task force a lot and occasionally on d-class. I feel like he should be a t-mod because I believe he would do a lot for the community.

Edited by Osiris___

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021