MOTD Change - Denied

Snuts

What you want to see? - a rule added to the MOTD stating "Government cannot tase someone with a melee weapon who has already hit/killed someone with their melee weapon".

Why should we add it? - If someone uses deadly force, they should not be tased, instead gov should have to shoot them. (example, i hit a gov with a fubar for some reason, and then another gov just tazes me.) 

What are the advantages of having this? - unrealistic to tase someone who has a deadly weapon and has already used it

Who is it mainly for? - Crim/Gov

Links to any content - N/A

I hope there's a heaven for minges...

Former SRT, FBI, DOC, SS, SWAT, SCU, and PoliceRP Senior Moderator.

"Remember, this is YOUR life, and YOUR time" - Eazy E

+Support

there were a lot of reports because people think having a melee weapon out counts as a normal gun. I think it should be changed to what u said.

definetly on your side.

UMC l SS Assistant SAIC l SWAT PFC l 

-Support

The main reasons tasing someone with a gun is a bad idea in real life don't apply to melee weapons as far as I understand, and it doesn't really fit any code of realistic ethics to make certain crimes punishable by mandatory summary execution. Not to mention before it was clarified in the MOTD that you can tase people who are using a melee weapon, there were enough arguments about whether it was taser rush to tase someone who reset their friend with a fubar 50 minutes ago. I think gov should still be allowed to use deadly force when attacked with a melee weapon if they feel they can't tase and arrest the person safely, but "their crime is too serious, they must be executed" feels counter-roleplay.

Also, it would make it even easier to get out of jail free when EMS aren't online.

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

12 minutes ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

The main reasons tasing someone with a gun is a bad idea in real life don't apply to melee weapons as far as I understand, and it doesn't really fit any code of realistic ethics to make certain crimes punishable by mandatory summary execution. Not to mention before it was clarified in the MOTD that you can tase people who are using a melee weapon, there were enough arguments about whether it was taser rush to tase someone who reset their friend with a fubar 50 minutes ago. I think gov should still be allowed to use deadly force when attacked with a melee weapon if they feel they can't tase and arrest the person safely, but "their crime is too serious, they must be executed" feels counter-roleplay.

Also, it would make it even easier to get out of jail free when EMS aren't online.

Retired_Signature.png?ex=6657cb2c&is=665

47 minutes ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

57 minutes ago, BruceyBoyo said:

-Support

+Support

Real life they do shoot people with any weapon. If a lethal weapon is shown and the suspect doesn't comply then the officers open fire. A melee weapon is the same as a safetied firearm which is weird. Needs to be more realistic for the RP. I ain't gonna taze someone with a weapon out and ready to kill me.

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss