Jintao's Support Application - [DENIED]

Jintao

In-Game Name: Jintao

Steam Name: [GL] Jintao

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:604467309

What is your staff rank in Gaminglight? Moderator

How often are you on TeamSpeak? 4-8 hours a day depending on the day, usually in the morning hours GMT, so when TS is a little less active

How often do you use discord? 12-16 hours a day

Why would you want to join our Support team (Word Count 150+)? I personally love helping people (I'm going to Cambridge University for Law in the next academic year as I wish to help people by representing those who can't afford it), and have always looked for ways of helping people. My whole intention of joining the staff team was helping people, as I was quite new to the community and found myself needing a lot of help just a few weeks prior to becoming staff. Since joining staff, I have done everything in my power to help people in sits, in the staff Discord, and across multiple other mediums, and I am really enjoying that side of the role, however I know that becoming a support staff member would elevate the amount of help I could give, which would make me even more enthusiastic about my role. Along with this, I notice a lot of the time when I'm on TeamSpeak, the server is a little less active and if people need support, sometimes it can be a coin-flip on if one is online or not.

How do you think you could affect support staff in a positive way? I think my ability and experience with customer service will come into great effect as a support staff member, having worked 2 jobs IRL which require me to be front-facing and assisting customers with their issues and serving them whilst being polite and helpful, no matter their attitude. Along with this, as I mentioned earlier I am on TeamSpeak (and Discord for that matter) when there are less of our American friends online, meaning I can catch some support tickets that might fall to the side or take a couple hours to respond to usually. Finally, I think my strive to improve in this community will also help me as a support staff, as I'll always be looking to improve my ability to help people, and being on the support staff team will make me a better staff member and support member.

How would you greet someone that has a problem in one of our tickets, or support channels? I'd introduce myself firstly ("Hey, my name is Jintao, I'm a support staff member and I'm here to help you with your issue"), and then I would ask them what their problem is ("If you could just tell me what I could help you with today, and we'll get you all sorted"). This is the textbook way on how to introduce yourself in any situation I believe, as it comes across as friendly, informative, and lets the person know you are there to help.

penguins.gif.c9ee9bd13f5fb0bca7424cf9f154fac1.gif

• 2 weeks later...