Nydekore RAS Application

Nydekore

Name: Nydekore

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:114460542

Current Rank: Lead Researcher

Time in Research (Estimate): A month and a half

Why do you believe you should be in Research Command?: I believe that I should be a part of research command for three very concise reasons. Number one is that I am very active. I have been playing for little more than a month and a half and have made it to the "command ready" positions in both Nu7 and Research. This goes to show that not only am I active but also that when I am on I am doing good work. I have no strikes, I think the one thing I've ever been yelled at for is getting too far ahead of Clef one time when we were doing some test on surface. Number two is that I am very responsible. I am on ET (rather new to it, but I digress) which shows that I am already trusted, to some degree, with the responsibilities that come with power. Number three is that I make well-received test logs, my three most recent test logs are all scored above 90%. These three reasons alone I believe show my merit and abilities.

What can you bring to the table that others can't?: What I bring that few others provide is simply experience. Now, I am rather new to SCPRP so people may have me beat there but I just recently resigned from a Staff Management position in a CSGO community. While this was a staff position rather than an RP command position, the skills that come along with it are extremely useful. These skills include unbiased decision making, respect for higher ups, the ability to handle power, and communication, whether said communication is with higher ups or the people I would be commanding/helping. Now as to how these skills apply to an RAS position; unbiased decision making allows me to handle striking without being harsher/more lenient depending on who it is, if someone were to be punished by me they'd be punished for what they did, not who they are; respect for higher ups is always something people need, it's just generally a humble approach, this is helpful as I would not be contradicting what higher command members want, I make for a good team player; the ability to handle power means that I would not suddenly transform into some sort of power demon the second I had the chance to, I know that my power could easily be removed if I did play around with it (and also abusing power is just overall not appealing to me, I strive to take this position not for the power but for the opportunities that power can bring to the branch); finally, communication is always a great component of any good leader because it means that I will be quick to respond to any questions, comments, concerns, etc. from anyone that needed my input. These skills give me a bit of leverage over other applicants.

What would you do to better Research and increase activity?: I think that research is currently doing alright, our numbers are a little small but I think that's mostly because fewer people like the heavier roleplay experience research provides and more prefer the combat based rp that occurs in MTF, CI, Gensec, etc. However, despite us being "alright", I do think there are some areas that we could change to better the branch. I think we could make it more apparent to researchers that ET is around to help them with roleplaying out tests, for example. I think that if more people had a more genuine experience than "chuck dclass at thing, watch dclass die" (while some tests are more intricate than this, a lot of them don't change much visually/mechanically) people would be more excited to hold tests and we'd greatly increase the quality of tests/test logs. Event team is there to help improve the roleplay experience and I think we can always make that more clear to our research personnel so that they can experience how great RP can be.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+Support
Despite Nydekore being SLIGHTLY mingy, I still believe he could become a command member if he just worked on keeping himself under control, Other then that: +Support.

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

Denied
Due to current circumstance, your recent behavior or another unstated reason, your application has been denied.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

• Star locked this topic