SCP-939 Interview

Nydekore

Date of Interview:

6/9/21

Topic of Interview:

General intelligence/wellness check 

Notes Pre-Interview:

SCP-939 is usually unable to talk besides mimicking words. However, I took a recording of a class D personnel saying basic words and played them to an instance of 939, designated SCP-939-02. I hope that this provides 939-02 the ability of very basic communication. I found it necessary that we not give 939-02 too many words, otherwise things may get messy, especially for the fact that 939 instances use this parroting ability to hunt for prey.

Interviewer:

Lead Researcher Nydekore

Interviewee:

SCP-939-02

---------------------------BEGINLOG----------------------------

LR Nydekore: Hello SCP-939-02, how are you feeling today?

SCP-939-02: (In the monotone, almost robotic voice of the recorded d class) Sad.

LR Nydekore: What is making you feel this way?

SCP-939-02: (In the same tone as before) Alone.

LR Nydekore: You mean because you are separated from your other 939 instances?

SCP-939-02: *Begins to almost frantically repeat "Alone." over and over for minutes*.

LR Nydekore: Is there anything else you feel?

SCP-939-02: Thirsty*1.

LR Nydekore: Thirsty? Thirsty how?

SCP-939-02: Thirsty.

LR Nydekore: You seem to have no digestive track 939, why do you eat?

SCP-939-02: Hungry...? (SCP-939-02 looks visibly confused, as if this weren't the word it were looking for.)

LR Nydekore: How could you be hungry if you don't require food?

SCP-939-02: (SCP-939-02 looks as if it is thinking for a while) Fun.

LR Nydekore: Fun? You enjoy hunting people?

SCP-939-02: Fun. *seems to shake its head affirmatively*

LR Nydekore: Alright SCP-939-02, thank you for your time.

*1 This answer had confused me. I was hoping to ask about this, I was always perplexed as to why SCP-939 instances hunger, seemingly without purpose. I was cautiously joyful that SCP-939-02 had led the conversation this way.

---------------------------ENDLOG-------------------------------

Conclusion:

SCP-939 instances, along with all other SCPs, are weird phenomena. Their lack of digestive track would suggest that they need not eat. However, SCP-939 demonstrates advanced hunting tactics and is one of the most ravenous creatures known by the facility. I expected going in that SCP-939 would be intelligent enough to respond and thankfully it was. However, it seems to also hold a sinister nature to it, killing not for survival, but for sport. SCP-939 is a highly deadly and wicked creature. While I was hoping to understand the creature better, I would be lying to say that I wasn't shaken by what the creature said.

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major