Disallow Maynard to kill Interogatees - Denied

islandtoad

Should this suggestion be approved?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should this suggestion be approved?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Coltable said:

Is it really that hard to kill a researcher with 100 100...? 

If MTF/Wardens are interrogating a CI or GOI individual I would see no problem in putting a bullet in Dr Maynard's skull if he was caught trying to enter the interrogation room.
Dr. Maynard in RP is a level 4 personnel yes but he is an Experienced researcher and specializes in that field... He is not a MTF and in this circumstance MTF/Wardens would have full control of the situation at hand, being authorized to tell Dr. Maynard to leave the area or be AOS'd give him 2-3 warns and after that if he continues to sit outside the room cuff him and ask him why he is refusing to listen. 

If I had one more suggestion it be place a guard on the outside of the interrogation room, Every time I've passed by or seen an interrogation going on I have never seen anyone guarding the door from the outside. Stopping Maynard outside before he even gets the chance to open that level 4 door will help you guys a lot here... 

This is a pretty easy fix here guys and it's kinda common sense. 

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Coltable said:

Is it really that hard to kill a researcher with 100 100...? 

If MTF/Wardens are interrogating a CI or GOI individual I would see no problem in putting a bullet in Dr Maynard's skull if he was caught trying to enter the interrogation room.
Dr. Maynard in RP is a level 4 personnel yes but he is an Experienced researcher and specializes in that field... He is not a MTF and in this circumstance MTF/Wardens would have full control of the situation at hand, being authorized to tell Dr. Maynard to leave the area or be AOS'd give him 2-3 warns and after that if he continues to sit outside the room cuff him and ask him why he is refusing to listen. 

If I had one more suggestion it be place a guard on the outside of the interrogation room, Every time I've passed by or seen an interrogation going on I have never seen anyone guarding the door from the outside. Stopping Maynard outside before he even gets the chance to open that level 4 door will help you guys a lot here... 

This is a pretty easy fix here guys and it's kinda common sense. 

YOURLOCALBALDMAN.

-Support

However, I want to bring attention back to this point for a moment.

3 hours ago, Yeppes said:

Either way, in order to AOS/KOS Maynard we need to follow the advert procedures with a proper reason or the CI/Maynard will simply report us for not following the MOTD, in a situation like that where he simply rushes into interrogation room It's not possible to call in /advert quickly enough. From what I've heard a lot of people hesitate because they don't want to deal with the reaction and response from CI or raise any potential conflict in ooc.

He is correct about this point. Class Specific Rules -> All Players -> Rule 12 states:

"Personnel calling a RP Arrest on Sight / Kill on Sight (AOS/KOS) are required to provide and advert a legitimate reason with the AOS/KOS order. This is especially required for actions taken against Dr. Maynard and Sleuths."

While I agree that the foundation should be doing more to protect the interrogation (as noted in the previously mentioned video), they technically cannot do much when the invasion from Maynard begins. As soon as Maynard breaks through, you have all of maybe 5 seconds if they rush it to get an entire advert plus reasoning to justify an AOS/KOS. Makes it way too easy for Maynard to get the kill within that time. Also, nobody wants to be the spark of a potential conflict hence the hesitations.

Provided MTF has people to cover the entrances and the above can be excluded for such purposes, then we have the problem covered nicely.

Edited by Sparkle

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."