I Can Barley Play Anymore

Vital

Everytime i jump onto the server it just crashes for me:( idk why and i cant money grind because once i play down everything it just  crashes:( RIP Vital 2021

POLICE RP STAFF/EVENT TEAM | PD SM | SWAT PFC | SYP COMMAND |

Happy Dance GIF by Joey Bada$$

if ur that desperate u can factory reset ur pc which is bascially starting pc all over again, i did it and it stopped crashing 0_0

Former  PD CPT | SWAT COMMANDER | SL SOTTO CAPPO

USMS SA  |  Former UMC 

Have you tried to fix the problem in anyway just yet? 

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form a computer wizard and these are all suggestions and should not be taken a legitimate technical support advice (even I crash sometimes).

1. First thing I'd try is to validate your game files. You can do this by going to your Steam Library -> Garry's Mod -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files.

*Reducing the amount of addons you have may also help performance + also make sure everything needed for the server such as the content pack is downloaded. 

*Make sure your drivers are up to date.

2. The second option would be to do a complete uninstall of Garry's Mod on your computer. To do this I would recommend going to your Steam Library, uninstalling Garry's Mod and then going into your garry's mod steam folder such as "steam/steamapps/common" and deleting the actual Garry's mod file. Clear your recycle bin, restart your computer and ensure that both game and the files are gone, begin reinstalling and see if the issue is resolved.

3. If it's a memory issue, some articles online may be able to help you. Otherwise you may be on an outdated Hardware DirectX level, I had tried to change my level from v9.0 to v8.1 to try to reduce lag, but encountered crashing due to lack of "memory." With fixing my level back to my software DirectX level I had stopped the memory crashing issue. (This memory issue was specific to me, it may not apply to you.)

4. Reducing your settings/ graphics may help with FPS if that's the cause of the crashing.

5. If it's a computer issue and you've already tried other potential fixes like cleaning your pc, uninstalling programs you may not need, etc. you may refer to the information below.

If you have backups on your computer and remember a point in time when the issue did not occur whilst running Gmod, you can try to reload that backup. 

As mentioned in the post above, a final potential fix may be to perform what is known as a factory reset, this should reset your computer to a factory new position with minimal to no applications downloaded, etc. (Starting off fresh) If after the factory reset you continue to have these problems I'd say it's a hardware issue. I'm not sure if you would need the disk that sometimes comes with PC's when you buy them for the factory reset, but I suggest being prepared and using the reset as a last resort. 

I hope any of this helps you and continue your fun experience on the server!

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

PD MSGT Retried FBI Assistant Director The Operator $100 Donator Gang UMC

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

1 hour ago, Techy said:

if ur that desperate u can factory reset ur pc which is bascially starting pc all over again, i did it and it stopped crashing 0_0

i did and it stilled did it

7 minutes ago, The_Kman said:

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form a computer wizard and these are all suggestions and should not be taken a legitimate technical support advice (even I crash sometimes).

1. First thing I'd try is to validate your game files. You can do this by going to your Steam Library -> Garry's Mod -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files.

*Reducing the amount of addons you have may also help performance + also make sure everything needed for the server such as the content pack is downloaded. 

2. The second option would be to do a complete uninstall of Garry's Mod on your computer. To do this I would recommend going to your Steam Library, uninstalling Garry's Mod and then going into your garry's mod steam folder such as "steam/steamapps/common" and deleting the actual Garry's mod file. Clear your recycle bin, restart your computer and ensure that both game and the files are gone, begin reinstalling and see if the issue is resolved.

3. If it's a memory issue, some articles online may be able to help you. Otherwise you may be on an outdated Hardware DirectX level, I had tried to change my level from v9.0 to v8.1 to try to reduce lag, but encountered crashing due to lack of "memory." With fixing my level back to my software DirectX level I had stopped the memory crashing issue. (This memory issue was specific to me, it may not apply to you.)

4. Reducing your settings/ graphics may help with FPS if that's the cause of the crashing.

5. If it's a computer issue and you've already tried other potential fixes like cleaning your pc, uninstalling programs you may not need, etc. you may refer to the information below.

If you have backups on your computer and remember a point in time when the issue did not occur whilst running Gmod, you can try to reload that backup. 

As mentioned in the post above, a final potential fix may be to perform what is known as a factory reset, this should reset your computer to a factory new position with minimal to no applications downloaded, etc. (Starting off fresh) If after the factory reset you continue to have these problems I'd say it's a hardware issue. I'm not sure if you would need the disk that sometimes comes with PC's when you buy them for the factory reset, but I suggest being prepared and using the reset as a last resort. 

THANK YOU BRUHHHHH!!!!!

Just now, [GL] Spoon said:

I was having similar issues, I run around the server for about 10 minutes and then my game just entirely closes.

same bro! me and travis were leaving pd thru main doors and it crashed 3 times in a row i tried

2 minutes ago, Vital said:

same bro! me and travis were leaving pd thru main doors and it crashed 3 times in a row i tried

I'm not sure what it is, like I can play 100 other servers just fine even ones that lag way more than GL, I just don't understand what's crashing it.

USMS HC | PD Major  | SYP Owner

CC's | UMC RENEGADE/OG/VONTON/DOCTOR/Numb Gang/ Adams Crime Syndicate

28 minutes ago, [GL] Spoon said:

I'm not sure what it is, like I can play 100 other servers just fine even ones that lag way more than GL, I just don't understand what's crashing it.

same bruhh

2 hours ago, The_Kman said:

This might help others if your game is crashing try this ^

• Like 1

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

13 hours ago, [GL] Spoon said:

A lot of people have been able to fix it by verifying there files through steam 

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

17 hours ago, Vital said:

i did and it stilled did it

THANK YOU BRUHHHHH!!!!!

Dont thank me just yet! I hope it's fixed! 

PD MSGT Retried FBI Assistant Director The Operator $100 Donator Gang UMC

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

On 4/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, The_Kman said:

PD SGT FBI PA | Trooper MSTR S.P.R.T. 1OP | Professional Criminal |

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Michael Jordan

Awkward Kid GIF