Should I be a Forums Diplomat?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be a Forums Diplomat?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name: Sprink

Steam Name: [GL]Sprink

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:433844802

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Admin, SCPRP.

How often are you online on the forums? Usually I am at least on the forums 3 times a day at the least. It is required of me already to check the forums multiple times a day. 

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? I believe I am qualified for the position for many reasons. I have a diverse knowledge in forums rules, I am able to check the forums multiple times a day, and finally I enjoy helping players out and handling their problems. Not only am I an Admin on SCPRP I have a Command position in Security. Since I have these positions, I have a lot of experience in helping others and solving situations. I may not have as many forums posts as others applicants but, trust me I am ready for the position and have more than enough knowledge in the rules and how to handle situations. Sometimes I do not always post on subjects on the forums trust me I look at every single thing and would be able to spot any rule infractions on the forums. I only made a forums account in August but, I have been playing and helping people on the SCP server since January. Even if I do not have access to my computer, I would still be able to get on the forums and handle tickets because of my mobile device and cellular data. Finally I have been really dedicated to becoming a Forum Diplomat. Last round of applications I really wanted to apply to become a Forums Diplomat but, I did not fit the requirements and might not have been ready.  Now that I am applying now I know I am ready to hold this position and become a Forum Diplomat.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision? Yes, I would consider myself to have good judgment. I say this because I have to make major decisions almost everyday when taking staff sits. Multiple times I have even had to take sits which were on other staff members and and had to debate between punishments and how to handle the situation properly. Currently I am also a Gensec MAJ so I am required to deal with situations such as Low Command doing wrong doings and even NCO/Enlisted. For example one situation was when I was getting reports from a command member that another command member was overreacting and seemed to have anger issues, which is not something we would like a command member to have. After I was told this information and given proof of him getting really mad and upset just because d-class were calling him silly names I had to make the decision on what to do or what punishment to give this person. In the end I decided that a strike would suit the situation and after this person got the strike they changed into a completely different person and have changed into an awesome command member.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers? I would first start by hiding all the stuff the player has spammed onto the forums. Then I would see how long the player was banned for and the severity of the offense. Next, I would privately message the player telling them that spamming on the forums is against the rules and to just cool off and wait out there ban. I would make sure to let them know too if there ban was invalid then to appeal it in the appropriate section. If they were community blacklisted then I would tell them there is no way to appeal the ban. Finally I would inform the Head Forum Diplomat the outcome of the situation and that the certain player needs a 1 day forum ban to cool off. If the Head Diplomat was not not available and the player continued I would contact the next available SMT.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal? If 2 users are arguing in a warning appeal I would first hide all the content that was not -Supports and +Supports. After I hide this I will leave a message in the appeal saying "Only comment +/-Supports or there will be repercussions". Next I would take the extra step and message both of the individuals and inform them that there post was hidden because they were arguing and needs to cool down a bit. Finally I would inform the Head Forums Diplomat of the results and what actions I took. If people continue then I will lock the post so there is no way of them to continue. 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat