Zeus's Forum Diplomat Application

[GL] Zeus

Should Zeus be made a Forums Diplomat?  

1. 1. Should Zeus be made a Forums Diplomat?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name: Zeus

Steam Name: [GL]erinemmanueljcob5

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:190171360

What is your staff rank and the server you work in?: I am an Admin on SCPRP

How many posts do you have on the website?: 956

How often are you online on the forums?: I am online almost every 2-3 hours. I am mostly on during off peak hours as well

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? (100 Words Minimum): I am a pretty active member on the server and forums and want to help out in whatever way possible. I want people to feel welcome to the community and I believe I can cut down on the toxicity with the help of this position. I am a HCMD Member, thus I believe I am a trusted member of the community and I believe I have good judgement and know how to shut down arguments before they erupt and come to a decision where both parties may be happy with the said decision. I am a fun person to be around but I am strict whenever I need to be. I believe I can represent the community in a positive manner and keep my cool whenever arguments are blown out of proportion. I deal with a lot of tough situations on the daily but I learned how to keep my cool and and treat even the biggest of rule breakers with respect regardless of how they may have treated me. I have dealt with a lot of fellow command and close friends of mine, but I have ensured to not show partiality and try to maintain and good reputation with every single branch and member of the community. In conclusion, I just want to be a helping hand and represent this amazing community and welcome the new members and help them in whatever way possible.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to pass make a difficult decision?: I am a HCMD Member and I have dealt with multiple situations where I have had to deal with my friends and I don't show partiality with respect to punishments regardless of how close friends they are. I was staff a year ago and had to leave and I am now back, I have taken a lot of sits, sometimes being the only staff on during dead hours and have taken a good chunk of sits and have had to use my judgement in many sits, giving each side a fair chance and dealing with the situation as diplomatically as possible.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers?: Firstly I would delete the spam in the chatbox. Then I would personally message the user asking him which server he was banned on. After they reply with the server, I shall link them the respective server's Ban Appeals section and tell him to follow the pinned format and make the report with evidence.
If the person is unwilling to listen or starts abusing again, I would contact the Head Diplomat or SMT depending on who is available while keeping in mind the CoC to issue a forum warning or ban if necessary. 

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warn appeal?: Firstly I would hide the replies which seem to be instigating the most arguments or are the most toxic and I would message the said person and inform them of why their post was hidden. If the argument escalates I would leave a warning on the post saying "Please leave your comments to only + or -Supports" and if the argument continues, I would lock the post to stop any further spread of the toxicity and inform my higher ups of the same and wait for SMT to handle the post. If excessively toxic things were said in the post, I would also bring that upto the Head Diplomat or SMT to issue a forums punishment.

Edited by [GL] Zeus
Edit to staff rank.
  • Like 1

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+support 

for obvious reasons 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomat Corps, I'm please to accept your application! Please reach out to me via discord to conduct your onboarding into the team. If you haven't already, please also read and reply with your understanding to the Forum Diplomat Handbook.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021