Soviet's Field Agent Application

Your Local Soviet

Name/Rank: Research Manager Soviet

Description: My character name is Dr. Emily S. Ross and I have been reinstated back into Site-19 2 weeks ago after working in a disclosed location on an important research trip. My position in the Research Department started in April 16th, 2019 and have worked up the ranks decently fast to where I am now. I was previously a Foundation Doctor, but was moved down to a new rank once I was reinstated due to my time away. I have worked on major projects such as my SCP-682 Evaluation and my ground-breaking discovery of the similarities between SCP-049-2 and SCP-008. I have much experience in the field of research when it comes to unknown anomalies, as I work on the most classified and dangerous of the SCP's.

You have been granted clearance to recruit personnel of any department (that are of level 3 clearance) to assist in your operation, in an effort to diversify the plan. Describe the team you would assemble, as well as your plan to capture the anomaly.

This would result in extremely careful planning, as we would need to go through the information that we gathered from reconnaissance and piece everything together. Once we have a brief summary of the anomaly and its capabilities, only then would I be able to put together an effective task-force. Depending on the severity of the situation and the urgency, I would assign a number of MTF and a commander for them, and give the commander the run-down of how the operation will work and have them set-up a perimeter and/or advancement strategy to approach said anomaly. If I had the opportunity I would bring a fellow Field Agent with me to assist with the strategy since there will be more feedback involved to be sure the plan is 100% full-proof. The characteristics of the anomaly depends on the strategy. If the anomaly is hostile when approached, we would have a careful thought-out squad of the most elite MTF units to assist in capture/containment. If the anomaly flees we will have to figure out its route, we would also need to track and pin down the anomaly effectively, only then can MTF roll in and capture the anomaly.

After successfully executing your plan, you now have the anomaly in your custody. But despite the successful operation, you are then ambushed by a trio of CI, who demand the captured anomaly. How will you defuse the situation?

With my careful planning of a perimeter, the chances of this happening would be low depending on the amount of MTF I have assigned to my task-force and the number of Chaos Insurgents. However, if the insurgents broke through the perimeter, I would expect other MTF's to report for reinforcements immediately and to reinforce the perimeter, I would also be apart of reporting in for more reinforcements and of the situation that is taking place. If the task-force overall is overruled by insurgents and I was being forced at gun-point with no backup, I would find a way to stall so that reinforcements can get to the location in time as letting this anomaly slip under our noses is a high-risk that the facility cannot afford. Not only will we have to deal with the insurgents, but we still have the anomaly to deal with. I would make sure that the anomaly is well-secured during this whole mess, as this situation could go wrong both ways. In summary, they can pry this anomaly from our cold-dead hands.

After temporarily securing the anomaly into containment, you have been trusted to design its containment procedures. What is your plan to secure this anomaly?

After the task-force has managed to get the anomaly into a temporary containment cell, I would instantly get to work for coming up with the procedures and containment plan for this anomaly. We would first need to make sure the temporary containment cell will be able to hold this anomaly, as we do not want a potential breach. Then after some surveillance making sure the anomaly has no way of breaching, I would need to come up with a classification, such as working with the foundation staff to apply a SCP classification and determining the threat of the anomaly. Once all that is in place, we will go through a more detailed procedure of planning to create the containment cell for said SCP, and putting in place some extra procedures of how to handle the SCP as we currently do not know a lot of the SCP. Once that is all finished, we need to do a general assessment and see what it is fully capable of so we can update any further procedures if necessary. Once everything is put into place, we can finally say it has a home in the facility, but this work won't be easy as it is difficult to finalize everything and making sure everything is 100% full-proof.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

+Support

Soviet's already proved his competency when it comes to positions of high responsibility such as Research Command. He's serious about what he does, and I see that a number of times whether he's on a Research role, or working in Gensec. I absolutely can't deny the fact that he'd make a great Field Agent.

Edited by G4M3R