SCP-066 Apathy Test

Tai Lopez

Lore Name: JR Lopez
SCP: 066

Question / Idea: What will happen if people aggressively yell "Erik" to SCP-066, but SCP-066 is unable to harm or deafen them? Will SCP-066 become apathetic and give up or continue regardless of how futile his efforts are?
Background Research: SCP-066 is a Euclid class SCP. It is a mass of strings and eyes, and after an incident back in 2008, he gets extremely agitated whenever someone says the word "Erik". He is capable of generating sounds greater than 140 dB, capable of instantly deafening and severely injuring people off of the sheer loudness alone.
Hypothesis: I predict that if someone yells Erik in front of SCP-066 while wearing soundproof headsets, SCP-066 should get extremely agitated and try to deafen them, but once it realizes it can't harm them, it will become apathetic and give up.

Observations (What Happened During Test): SCP-066 was placed in a sound-proof box and bound to the wall. Two Class D's were bound a safe distance away from SCP-066, so it will not be able to reach them. I put special sound-proof headsets on the Class D's, myself, and everyone else in the testing room. I removed SCP-066 from the soundproof box and ordered the Class D's to aggressively taunt SCP-066 while yelling Erik right at his face. SCP-066's deafening sound was unable to penetrate our sound-proof headsets. The Class D's taunted and yelled Erik for a solid 60 seconds. Still, SCP-066 continued to try to deafen or harm them, despite the fact that it was bound to a wall and its sounds had no effect. It persisted for the entire 60 seconds.
Evidence/Visual Stimuli: 9f992fd8ba2dea69a6dd9bff8ad7831f.jpg

0ee60d824357b641c8846a765dccfff9.jpg

4afe90e59fb5a454b744000ff2f47094.jpg

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): It appears that SCP-066 persistence is a result of his extreme agitation towards anyone saying Erik. Usually, if someone does something to make us angry, we get agitated for a little while, but once we realize that there's nothing we can do about it, we become apathetic and give up. However, SCP-066 became extremely agitated when he heard the Class D's yell Erik, and despite not being able to do anything to harm them, every time the Class D's yelled Erik seemed to agitate SCP-066 more and more, which made him persist and ignore the fact that his deafening attempts are futile. If this was any other human, once they realized that they couldn't do anything to harm them, they would become apathetic since their anger is pointless. SCP-066 did not give up or become apathetic throughout the entire 60 seconds. "Erik" appears to add fuel to his anger indefinitely.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: No, my hypothesis was incorrect. I predicted that SCP-066 would give up as soon as he realized he couldn't harm the Class D's, but he REALLY becomes agitated every time he hears the word "Erik". SCP-066 does not experience apathy.

Edited by Tai Lopez

Grade: Quality [ 90/100 ]

Lore: 20/20 - Reactions of 066 were lore-friendly and didn't break any boundaries.
Creativity: 15/20 - You took a basic principle and extended it a bit which is why I am docking 5 marks.
Presentation: 20/20 - Format followed, looked nice, and the photos were nice.
Writing: 35/40 - Quantity of writing was just a tad bit off perfect. The writing quality was nice though!

Keep up the good work!