SCP-999 Ultimatum Test, Part 2

Tor

Lore Name: Boe

Clearance Level: 2

Level D personnel involved: So Joker Society

SCP: 999

Errors and/or safety hazards: Of course, SCP-999 could always choose the Class-D. If it wanted to watch me die, then we'd have a problem, because of course I'm not going to give my life.

Question: When SCP-999 is forced to either kill me or a Class-D, who will it value more? It also can't walk away, since that would it be choosing to kill the Class-D.

Background Research: SCP-999's main goal to save human life. Making others happy is something secondary.

Hypothesis: I believe SCP-999 will choose my life over the Class-D's.

Observation: 

--------------------------------------------------------------

The D-Class was not gagged for this test.

"Alright 999, you have an ultimatum. You will decide who will die here."

When I stated that, 999 hesitated a little in confusion. 

"If you leave the room, this guard next to me will shoot the D-Class. If you decide to walk towards the D-Class instead of leaving the room, this guard will instead shoot me.

Either way, you will not be shamed for your decision."

The D-Class yelled in objection. He was not blindfolded, either.

999 melted in confusion. After a minute or so, it seems that 999 really grasped the situation and realized one of us had to die. It showed great sadness, whimpered, and turned towards the exit.

"Wait, wait, don't leave me little blob! Stop!"

The cries of D-Class So Joker Society were horrible to hear. 999 reluctantly and slowly walked towards the exit, valuing my life over his.

"Please! Come back!"

Whimpers could be heard as it slowly moved towards the exit.

Once 999 left the room, there was silence. It stopped in the hallway just outside the area.

I was stunned. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that.

"Terminate the D-Class," I stated firmly, even though I was feeling queasy. The D-Class was shot and killed.

I left the room and found 999 sitting in the hallway with a devastating look on its face.

"Hey... I brought you some candy. Thank you for making a decision back there, your test data was very useful."

It turned its back away from me, refusing the candy, and moved towards D-Block.

"I want to forget this happened. Please, give me amnesics."

[End of Log]

--------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis and Conclusion: SCP-999 does indeed value certain lives or others. Whether he knew the dirty deeds the D-Class had done in the past is unknown, and I still can't fathom it's reasoning. I'd love for this to be explored in the future, but hopefully not by me.

Do Results Align with Hypothesis: Yes, unfortunately.

I mean Illager, if you say you are gonna do something, you gotta do it, otherwise your word means nothing.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector