SCP 999 Test #1 | Kramer Logs

John Kramer

SIGN IN...

Welcome, Junior Researcher Kramer.

NAVIGATE TEST LOGS: SCP 343 #1 [    ] | SCP 999 #1 [ X ]

-

Junior Researcher Kramer's SCP 999 Testing Log #1

Clearance Level: Level 2

List of Personnel involved in testing: Junior Researcher Kramer (Myself), SCP 999.

Level D personnel involved: N/A

SCP:  999

Errors and/or safety hazards: N/A, besides SCP 1048 walking into the testing room and pulling out a knife. (Addendum: Currently unsure how SCP 1048 is really able to carry a knife, will need to do further testing later.)

Question: Will SCP 999 be able to tell the difference between a Cardboard Cut-Out of something, and the real version? (This is testing SCP 999's sense of smell, if it even has a nose?)

Background Research: SCP-999 literally has no nose. See Visual Stimuli for observation. SCP 999 also has a very child-like nature to it, almost like a toddler. SCP 999 also has a very distinct liking of Candy. It is not quite specified which one is its favorite from what I have seen, but word around the foundation is Frozen M&M's.

Hypothesis: SCP 999 will fail to tell the difference between the Cardboard Cutouts of Candy, and the actual candy.

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos):

imageedit_2_6021953586.png.1342d5b7c31abff1f75312bb6c3217e7.png

Analysis and Conclusion: 

Test One

• Junior Researcher Kramer places cardboard cutout of candy down on the left side side, and actual candy to the right side.
    • SCP 999 runs over to the left side and tickles* the cardboard cutout. SCP 999 Is very confused.
  • Junior Researcher Kramer cleans up Both Sides.

Analysis: SCP 999 could indeed not tell the difference between the actual candy, and cardboard cutout. Note: Why did it tickle the cardboard? Possibly SCP 999 knew it wasn't candy, and decided to tickle it? Further research required.

Test Two

• Junior Researcher Kramer places down two piles of candy
    • SCP 999 once again goes to the left side, squirming on top of the candy pile curiously
  • Junior Researcher Kramer cleans up Both Sides

Analysis: Instead of Tickling the "Candy", it squirms up upon it. This leads me to believe SCP 999 has a slight understanding of the difference. This is a matter that will require more testing, but for a later date.

Test Three

• Junior Researcher Kramer places down cardboard cutout of SCP 682 (not to scale) and a pile of candy
    • SCP 999 sees the 682 cutout, its blobby form shivering a bit, and then it rushes over to the candy pile and plays with the candy.
  • Junior Researcher Kramer cleans up Both Sides.

Analysis: I sort of felt bad for spooking SCP 999, but that was not at all what I expected to happen. I expected SCP 999 to attempt to comfort SCP 682, as he did in the /██/████ containment breach.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: Yes for Test one and Two, but no for Test Three. I expected SCP 999 to completely embrace SCP 682, maybe try to tickle it.

LOGOUT...