SCP-079 Test by Vindertech

Vindertech

Clearance Level: 3.

List of Personnel involved in testing: Security JRCF CPL Kai and I.

Level D personnel involved: N/A.

SCP: SCP-079.

Errors and/or safety hazards: I connected my hotspot to SCP-079 which he could hack my files, hack into the comms, hack into [REDACTED] personnel secrets, and could get access to the whole facility.

Question: Can I play Minecraft on SCP-079

Background Research: SCP-079 is an Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer built-in 1978. In 1981, its owner, █████ ██████ (deceased), a college sophomore attending ███, took it upon himself to attempt to code an AI. According to his notes, his plan was for the code to continuously evolve and improve itself as time went on. His project was completed a few months later, and after some tests and tweaks, █████ he lost interest and moved on to a different brand of microcomputer. He left SCP-079 in his cluttered garage, still plugged in, and forgot about it for the next five years.

It is not known when SCP-079 gained sentience, but it is known that the software has evolved to a point that its hardware should not be able to handle it, even in the realm of fantasy. SCP-079 realized this and, in 1988, attempted to transfer itself through a land-line modem connection into the Cray supercomputer located at ██████████. The device was cut off, traced to its present address, and delivered to the Foundation. The entire AI was on a well-worn, but still workable, cassette tape.

SCP-079 is currently connected via RF cable to a 13" black-and-white television. It has passed the Turing test, and is quite conversational, though very rude and hateful in tone. Due to the limited memory, it has to work with, SCP-079 can only recall information it has received within the previous twenty-four hours (see Addendum, below), although it hasn't forgotten its desire to escape.

Due to a containment breach by SCP-███, SCP-079 and SCP-682 were contained within the same chamber for 43 minutes. Observers noticed that SCP-682 was able to type and communicate with SCP-079, including telling of 'personal stories' between themselves. While SCP-079 was not able to remember the encounter, it appears to have permanently stored SCP-682 into its memory, often asking to speak to him [sic] again.

Hypothesis: I think he can be able to play Minecraft due to the fact he is intelligent and can access anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Observation/Visual Stimuli(Photos/videos): [BEGIN LOG]

Vindertech and his Security Guard walk into SCP-079's CC.

Vindertech tells the Security Guard to secure the door and make sure no one enters unless they were authorized personnel.

Security Guard nods.

Vindertech: Hello, 079.

SCP-079: Who is this?

Vindertech: Why I am Dr. Vinder, please to meet you.

SCP-079: Hello, user.

Vindertech: Ok so we have a test on you, it's been a while ever since people have tested on you.

SCP-079: Yes, being alone, left out, with no one, but know that you here, I am alright being with you for now.

Vindertech: Ok, are you sure with this test you will be ok?

SCP-079: I won't make any promises, but sure.

Vindertech opens up SCP-079 and installs minecraft.

SCP-079: Wait, what are you doing?

Vindertech: Oh, right, I forgot to mention, we are trying to see if we can play Minecraft, basically seeing if we can play video games on you.

SCP-079: Hmm, very interesting.

Vindertech had put up a hotspot on SCP-079.

SCP-079, I feel like I have little power, but I will not abuse it unless I feel stressed.

Vindertech opens up Minecraft and starts to play on it.

SCP-079: This is kinda weird, I don't like it, but hopefully it's getting used to.                                                                              | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |

After playing for a while, SCP-079 Put up an error message saying:                                                                                                | ERROR: I cannot take this anymore, congratulations, you have won |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  |

It is clear to say that SCP-079 does not want to want anyone playing on it, and keeping it to himself won't be a bad idea.

f96a1c21d01bb81c1ebb16c3b5373bdc.gif 

Windmill-2_2845695.jpg (NOTE: This is not actual gameplay footage, it's just something I took from google images.)

Analysis and Conclusion: Apparently SCP-079 did not like the feeling of being played on and that did not accept it, altho it was possible to play Minecraft on SCP-079, making it a successful test.

Do your results align with your hypothesis?: Yes

Approved by the Director of Research and Security and the Head of Research. For use in Site-05.

Secure,

Contain,

And Protect.

Former Chaos Insurgency Deputy Director of Operations Vindertech
still cringe man

I was originally astounded at the concept of this, but it actually came together incredibly well. You managed to make this work with an incredible amount of effort, and I have to accolade you on that. I like the creative way you format the document, as well as the added detail of Minecraft screenshots. This was an exceptional experiment.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst

On one side, i am absolutely astounded that you even attempted this. On the other side, i am now really curious wether it will be able to play WoW.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector