SCP-173 reaction to affectionate contact (4/12/19)

Breen

Lore Name: Cornn Flaek

Clearance Level: 2

List of personnel involved in testing:
- Me
- Security LCPL Spanky TY
- Security WO Steppy

Level D personnel involved:
Class D Test My AZZ

SCP: 173

Hypothesis: If SCP-173 is introduced to affectionate physical contact, then it will show a response, be it physical or mental.

Observation: Class D restrained and instructed to hug SCP-173 when introduced to it. Class D walked in and stared at SCP-173 for 30 seconds before hugging SCP-173. No feedback from 173 recorded. Class D then hugged SCP-173 for a second time, this time SCP-173 attacked and terminated the Class D, as he must have blinked. Upon inspection of the expired Class D, it was found he had not been terminated by the standard neck snap, but his entire ribcage was shattered, his spine was in 4 pieces, and many vital organs in the lower abdomen had burst. SCP-173 was sitting in the far corner of its CC, facing the corner. 
                     *Note: Call me crazy but it seemed... ashamed... of what it had done.*

Visual Stimuli (Photos/videos): n/a

Errors and/or safety hazards: 
-SCP-173 was extremely close to the CC door upon test start.

Conclusion: SCP-173 seems to have an understanding of affection, and I believe it responded to the affection with affection back. As the Class D did not get his neck snapped, but had severe injuries to his midsection, indicating an violent hug. Test may indicate SCP-173 is sapient. Further testing required.

Edited by colonelchronos

gog