Police needing evidence

Ronin

The police should have to have actual evidence before arresting someone.  I got arresting for 'breaking and entering' when I was standing outside someone's house, no tools out or anything.  They arrested me solely based off the persons word and because he did /me hands camera footage, with no actually recording.  You shouldn't be able to be arrested based off of someone's word.  The SNR said 'Well he had a camera up, so why would he lie?'  I can easily put a camera up.  Does that mean I get to make fake claims against anyone I see?  I just want a standard set for evidence, no more arresting off of what a random civilian claims.  Unless they have actual proof.

Here's the issue, hundreds of people aren't gonna go out and buy good recording software or use free ones that lag your games, most don't even know how to screenshot evidence. If you can provide evidence of your innocence, bring it up with court/command/staff but otherwise there will literally be no arrests even if you force people to get evidence, it takes at least 10 minutes to upload videos anyway.

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51