Get to know your fellow members!

Hey guys! This will be kind of similar to Intros except with a format. Feel free to participate with the format below. If you do not want to answer a question but want to answer others that's perfectly fine! Lets get to know our fellow members better!

Name IRL
- Tom

Age - 22
- Been told I am one of the oldest players? (Staff not included) Don't know how true that is though haha)

Country
- Canada, Ontario! (Near Toronto)

School 
- Currently going into Advanced Police Studies and will be doing 8 months of being paired with a coach officer in the field, I get to be in a Police Cruiser for 40hrs a week. Super stoked for this!!

Future Goals
- I would love to get into my local Police service and then move into a High school resource officer position, I enjoy working with youth younger than I and being a mentor

Work
- Currently a Security Supervisor at a mall for 1 year, I have 11 staff under me which I manage. Have 3 arrests preformed for trespassing, shoplifting and an assault. 

Hobbies 
- Gaming (OFCOURSE), Girlfriend (Takes up to much time ?), ATVing/Dirtbiking, Reading, Volunteering, Scuba Diving, Travelling

Edited by Friendly Steve

4 minutes ago, Marsgaming said:

Every active life style I respect that, I would be a peace officer or security but don't think I'll pass the medical part due to medical history and surgeries however I wish you luck in your journey. Nice to meet you.

Not sure where you're from but if you are in Canada all you really need to do to be Security is pass a 40hr course then write a written exam (super easy, a lot of common sense). 

It is the perfect entry level job to get healthier and get valuable experience. However if its medical issues preventing you from going into law enforcement I would probably look into Dispatch or branch into another part of your service such as Human resource or something a long those lines. All depends what you want though.

Nice to meet you as well @Marsgaming!

2 minutes ago, Friendly Steve said:

Not sure where you're from but if you are in Canada all you really need to do to be Security is pass a 40hr course then write a written exam (super easy, a lot of common sense). 

It is the perfect entry level job to get healthier and get valuable experience. However if its medical issues preventing you from going into law enforcement I would probably look into Dispatch or branch into another part of your service such as Human resource or something a long those lines. All depends what you want though.

Nice to meet you as well @Marsgaming!

I'm in United States they have very strict medical stuff as they don't want to endanger officers I have looked in to dispatcher but I'm more interested in EMS at the moment as I have a lot of medical experience.

Edited by Marsgaming

1 minute ago, Marsgaming said:

I'm in United States they have very strict medical stuff as they don't want to endanger officers I have looked in to dispatcher but I'm more interested in EMS at the moment as I have a lot of medical experience.

Follow your dreams my man! Get higher education if you haven't already, take extra courses on mental health, addictions etc and get ahead of the rest of the candidates. You mentioned you had a few surgeries and medical history which depending on the extent of it might put you behind. But with a bunch more credentials under your belt and if you are still able to preform the job you will be just as competitive as the rest. 

Great thing about healthcare is there are so many different sectors you can get into, you don't necessarily HAVE to be in the front line to start. In Canada at least you can start as a nurse for a few years then receive some extra training and move into paramedics and you will have a way higher chance of getting in. 

Just don't give up bro

1 minute ago, Friendly Steve said:

Follow your dreams my man! Get higher education if you haven't already, take extra courses on mental health, addictions etc and get ahead of the rest of the candidates. You mentioned you had a few surgeries and medical history which depending on the extent of it might put you behind. But with a bunch more credentials under your belt and if you are still able to preform the job you will be just as competitive as the rest. 

Great thing about healthcare is there are so many different sectors you can get into, you don't necessarily HAVE to be in the front line to start. In Canada at least you can start as a nurse for a few years then receive some extra training and move into paramedics and you will have a way higher chance of getting in. 

Just don't give up bro

Sure thing my dude. DONT STOP BELIEVEN!!!!!!! Lol (If you get this reference I love u).

• Bread locked this topic