Becoming a Larger Part of the Community!

Carpenter John

It is no secret that Gaminglight is one of the largest PoliceRP communities, and furthermore one of the best (In my opinion). Because of this, many new members find it difficult on how to get recognized and fully immersed in the community.

That is the question I hope to answer in this small guide. I have compiled useful tips, as well as what to do and what not to do!

Basic Tips

- Obviously, try not to be mingy or disrespectful to anyone. This will show your mature

- Try joining some divisions/regiments, such as SS or BSI. Anything that tickles your fancy, whether it be elite investigations like BSI or tactics and combat such as SWAT

- Try to be active in the teamspeak and in game. This allows you to socialize with other members and meet new people

The Forums

- Try to be as active as possible. This can be as simple as sharing your opinion on a staff application or writing a SOP for the regiment your commanding!

- Try to stay open minded and respectful on the forums. Don't be hostile or randomly down vote posts

- Being active on the forums also allows you to stay updated on whats happening within the community, so stay updated

- Don't post anything inappropriate, this falls under common sense. We are all here to have a good time

- Don't spam the chatbox or be obnoxious within it. Once again, common sense

The Staff Team

If you feel as though you want to take everything a step further, you may choose to apply for a staff position. Remember though, it isn't just a small little decision you make off the top of your head. Staffing can sometimes be stressful, but it still an enjoyable and important role. There is nothing like working hard, and then getting promoted after so much hard work and dedication.

I hope this guide helped you get an idea on how to get involved. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, Spection said:

Wow this guide is very helpful for new users of this community. Hopefully more players see it as it has very good advice on how to get started.

On 6/17/2018 at 10:21 AM, Carpenter John said:

It is no secret that Gaminglight is one of the largest PoliceRP communities, and furthermore one of the best (In my opinion). Because of this, many new members find it difficult on how to get recognized and fully immersed in the community.

That is the question I hope to answer in this small guide. I have compiled useful tips, as well as what to do and what not to do!

Basic Tips

- Obviously, try not to be mingy or disrespectful to anyone. This will show your mature

- Try joining some divisions/regiments, such as SS or BSI. Anything that tickles your fancy, whether it be elite investigations like BSI or tactics and combat such as SWAT

- Try to be active in the teamspeak and in game. This allows you to socialize with other members and meet new people

The Forums

- Try to be as active as possible. This can be as simple as sharing your opinion on a staff application or writing a SOP for the regiment your commanding!

- Try to stay open minded and respectful on the forums. Don't be hostile or randomly down vote posts

- Being active on the forums also allows you to stay updated on whats happening within the community, so stay updated

- Don't post anything inappropriate, this falls under common sense. We are all here to have a good time

- Don't spam the chatbox or be obnoxious within it. Once again, common sense

The Staff Team

If you feel as though you want to take everything a step further, you may choose to apply for a staff position. Remember though, it isn't just a small little decision you make off the top of your head. Staffing can sometimes be stressful, but it still an enjoyable and important role. There is nothing like working hard, and then getting promoted after so much hard work and dedication.

I hope this guide helped you get an idea on how to get involved. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!

Well said 

• 2 weeks later...