Peter's Discord Ban Appeal. - Denied

Peter

1. Steam Name: Peter

2. Discord ID: stpeter

3. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:72201315

4. Ban Length: Indefinite as far as I know, currently around 6 months.

5. Admin that Banned you: Zeeptin

6. Reason for Ban: It was likely a video (linked below) that I posted to my YouTube channel and linked in the memes Discord channel which could have been misunderstood.

7. Dispute: The point of the video was not about Gaminglight itself; it was just me being sad that my old friends on GL had moved on. The only direct mention of GL is the quote, "How can it still be the good times if I don't even talk to my old GL friends". The part of the video I can see causing a misunderstanding is the quote, "the player counts are the lowest ever seen, the attempt at a new server has failed". I see how this could have been seen as a shot at Gaminglight, but it isn’t, it was simply a reference to the failure of a “new server” that some of my old friends had joined. I have been a part of the Gaminglight community for years, and I felt hurt that it would abandon me over something so trivial. I would have been open to a conversation if the video was seen as offensive, but I feel a Discord ban isn’t the answer, as it bars you from a lot of participation, including joining battalions and such. I have been banned for 6 months now, and I would like another chance to show that I meant no harm to Gaminglight, and a chance to re-engage with a community I have put so much time into. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing your response.

The video that started this mess: 

• Like 1

Moved to the Correct section

+support

- Peter was always a good member of the community

- I personally cant even count on my hand the number of funny interactions i've had with him

- I genuinely think Peter was a good member of the community, I think he deserves another chance

Edited by Clarence
  • Like 1

Current: Sovereign Protector| Super Admin |

Former: DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

+support hes a good guy and i don't know why he was banned for this video. confronting him could have been better

• Like 1

Jimmy

Current: IC SGM Reaper

Retired 501st Vice Commander and 501st COL for 10 minutes

former tank trooper enlisted, ic cpl, stepped down 501st hvyal, arcal hammer, snrhvy, dt spc, sf onyx wo, tank shc csm, ic blu