Staff Report by ISB:IA Operative Coman- Denied

Coman

Topic Title: Staff Report

AdminName - Waltan

==========================================================================================

Questions

1. Your In-game: Operative Coman

2. Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:625646856

3. The admin's name in-game: Waltan

4. The admin's steam name (If you know it): CloutlessJoshua

5. What did the admin do: Waltan sided with IC CSM Darman Skirata when the arrest was valid and the result of the ticket was unjust.

6. Evidence of the abusive action(s) (REQUIRED):  https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1Wx75PksTu_rkB/d1337AmELaEH?invite=cr-MSxabnMsMjAxOTQ2Nzc4LA  (this is the link of the crime, my medal did not clip the ticket discussion)

7. What do you believe should happen to the admin: I do not wish for anything severe to happen. I just want for him to know better that way we do not have to repeat this sequence of events again.

8. Any extra information: Just a brief summary of the whole "incident"  the IC CSM Darman Skirata did a "/me steals wallet" off the corpse of a dead SF. In TS I am confirming that I am allowed to arrest IC for theft. The IC thinks that I am arresting him for murder but I ask for the IC to return the wallet in order to inform him that's not the reason for why I have the arrest baton out. The IC although the clip does not include the few seconds after repeats "Go ahead arrest me, it'll just be a staff report" During the ticket discussion Admin Waltan and IC CSM Darman Skirata plead that the duty of arresting those who break the law is for Shock and that ISB:IA are to investigate and/or train the individual. This is the reason why I am making the report as not only was I well within my rights to arrest the IC for General Theft but Re-education is only performed under a set of conditions which were not met therefore disabling me form engaging in such RP.

This feels exceptionally childish. During the sit regarding the RDA, I did in fact side with the IC, in that you didn't go through proper procedure for arresting, you immediately arrested him without giving him proper time to either explain himself or try to give back the wallet. Mind you that in your clip you ask him to give you the wallet or return it to the proper owner. In the sit I also sided with you on some things, yes you would have been justified in arresting him, I agreed with you that he was guilty. However, you even apologized to him and said SORRY. You yourself admitted fault and said sorry. This needed to go no further than the Sit room. My question is where is the real part you're reporting? Do you find issue with me siding with IC, unarresting him, or something else entirely?

In short; you agreed you made a mistake by apologizing for it, and the IC was unarrested as such. I see no part here where I mishandled this or leaned unfairly in someone's defense. A reminder that my reasoning was not for you arresting him but for not giving him and form of investigation or otherwise questioning. You, by immediately asking if you can arrest him showed you had no intention of investigating but instead wanted only to arrest him and leave it at such.

I apologize if anyone takes offense or finds this to be me accosting anyone, that is in no way my intention.

Yes, I did in fact apologize to the IC but not for my actions but that he felt that I was not being just in my actions. As I stated in my report I do not have any grudge with you or the IC, I just want to ensure that people know what is considered "procedure" as I was not permitted to do any form of re-education and there was no investigation to be made. In regards to giving him "proper time" to explain himself I did tell him that this was about him taking the wallet and the IC only responded with "go ahead, arrest me it'll be a staff report" 

I understand what you're saying Waltan about my apology which I used wrongly to get out of the sit in order to organize the set of events and communicate with my peers of what actions I should take.

I too do not wish for anyone to feel targeted or accused, I just want to take this a chance to teach you of what ISB:IA can and cannot do as to not leave the server with speculations as o how the IC stated that I should've done more RP when I am not allowed to run a re-education in that scenario and that there was nothing to investigate.

-Support
As there is nothing shown when it comes to his decision making and the arrest itself seemed kinda fishy, I would say that he did what he should have done.

General Resin

Lead Admin

2ND EVER TANK CMDR Ex ST VCMDR Ex STRM Lead Ex SCTAL Ex DT PFC Ex Senior Gamemaster

I mean you sat there and gazed at him for like 30 seconds before arresting him, he took a wallet off a dead guy. I feel like if you weren't even 100% sure about the arrest it might be suspect and even so there was nothing showing the conversation in the sit, and there wasnt any evidence of the arrested ICs side show in this report for all I know he could have said something in the sit like he was order by HCOM to kill and take his wallet. All of this is to much hersay and not enough evidence and with staff reports that stuff is important.

General Resin

Lead Admin

2ND EVER TANK CMDR Ex ST VCMDR Ex STRM Lead Ex SCTAL Ex DT PFC Ex Senior Gamemaster

-Support

As resin stated, a staff report requires all evidence necessary to make a decision. As there is no clip of the staff sit, I feel no further action can be taken.

Retired: Star Fighter Group Captain Chief Aviation Officer Inferno Squad Lead | Naval Senior Officer x3 |
Imperial Staff Member

Current: Imperial Commando Officer | 501st Officer | First Ever IC Hazmat LeadImperial Senior Moderator | 
Forum Diplomat

I agree, my medal didn't work for the sit therefore I don't have the full story at our disclosure and at this point it is merely here say.

I've tried to convey something but it seems that it is not getting through, so I'd like to end this report, with an apology for wasting everyones time. 

+/- Support

The arrest itself seemed to be valid as General Theft can be applied for stealing a wallet of a corpse. Coman even confirmed with fellow ISB members in TS if he should go through with the arrest.
Why the staff in question decided to go with the unarrest is not clear to me and personally I would've told the IC that the arrest was valid and close the ticket with the evidence provided.

Though I do not know if this itself would warrant a staff report as I feel that something as simple as this could've been taken to the DMs to clear up the misunderstandings.

ISB:IA Chief Garrick Versio

Senior Admin

• Head of Staff

@Coman Stop responding to your own report

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

• Head of Staff

DENIED

No violations are seen by SMT in this report. The specified player will not be punished.

Insufficient evidence.

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander