Aaron Faustin's Forum Diplomat Application - Accepted

Aaron Faustin

In-Game Name: Aaron Faustin

Steam Name: [GL] Aaron Faustin

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11936125

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Admin, PoliceRP

How long have you been apart of the Gaminglight community? Joined sometime late 2017. Created my forums account on 01/02/2018.

How long have you been a staff member on Gaminglight? 112 days.

How often are you online on the forums? Daily. I check for new posts/replies constantly.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? I believe the experience I've gained, and reputation I've earned over these years in this community qualifies me to be a seriously considered candidate of this role. I've really enjoyed taking on my various roles within both PoliceRP and this community thus far. From my RP Command/leadership positions to my Administrative and Support positions. I'd love to expand further as a forum diplomate and help enforce forum guidelines and maintain a healthy atmosphere for everyone to enjoy. Between my experience, reputation, and activity on the forums, I believe this would be a great position for me.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision? Absolutely, Making decisions isn't always easy. It's necessary to look from all point of views, and consider all potentially mitigating factors before considering a punishment for an individual. Some quick examples of factors that could lead to a different outcome in a report include the playtime of the offender, the intensions of the offender, the harm caused by the offender, the seriousness of the offense, and the perspective of the offender at the time of the offense. These all play key roles in determining if I hand out a punishment and what type of punishment I hand out during one of my staff sits. Of course depending on the seriousness of the offense a punishment may need to be handed out no matter what, But the point is that as someone in a staff/leadership position it's important to look at the bigger picture of every scenario. Our job isn't just to enforce rules. It's to be a leader, a mentor, a role-model for new players to look up to.

Even in my job in real life I have examples of times where good judgement is imperative. I often have to weigh the pros and cons of different decisions and make sure I have sound reasoning to back up any action I take.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers? Firstly, I would prioritize preventing them from spamming any further and stop it in it's tracks by disallowing them to make posts/replies. (In practice this may need to be done by Senior Diplomats) Once the individual is no longer able to continue causing their issues I would hide all of their spam posts/replies. Next I would issue a warning to their forums account for breaking the forum guidelines (spamming). Lastly, I would log the incident and my punishment in the appropriate discord channel.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal? I would reply with a "Forums Diplomat Message" and issue a kind but stern warning that replies should only be for +/- Supports or to provide necessary evidence for the appeal. If they proceed further and disregard my reply I would lock the post to further comments and they would likely end up receiving a warning for completely disregarding my message and continuing the argument.

image.png.5bc21508a1ab5e81e97be92d1393e045.png

+support never has any problems with Aaron and his been doing good on staff for PD and I think he should become forums dip

Currently: SL Advior  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

+Support
-Very Professional 
-Great with communication Skills
-Never causes arguments or issues and great when Dealith with them

🔵S.W.A.T Commander ChipDail 1K15🔵

“You need to beaware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall 

• Head of Staff

Accepted!
Please speak with the Senior Diplomat for your server for training!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander