Administration Suggestion - Denied

ColeSoft Grey

Poll  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should Senior Moderator and Above be able to Take off duty sits with limited powers?

• Yes
    • No

What you want to see? - The Staff rank of Senior Moderator and above be able to take sits off-duty with limited permissions 

Why should we add it? - The staff rank Senior Moderator and Admin are trusted rank in staff, requiring a staff member to prove their dedication and loyalty to the community. I understand that Trial/Moderators still need to prove themselves and I also see the need for a progression in staff. Senior Moderator and ban, Admin can touch other players things and senior admin can take sits off duty. 

What are the advantages of having this? - However, I believe it is worth to trial a period where Senior Moderator and Above may take sit off duty, Allowing Senior moderators to use limited commands while off duty such as Noclip, jail, warn, mute, goto/bring/return for administrative reasons only DURING sits. Leaving commands such as spectate, cloaking, and goding for the admin job. Giving a balance so Senior staff members may take simple sits such as stuck players, general MOTD rule breaks off duty so Senior staff dont have to continually switch jobs then have to switch back then have to reequip armor or weapons for simple question sits. 

Of course there still needs to a progression  to staff to make staff want to progress though the ranks. Senior moderator keeping the same physgun rules, only being able to physgun players who are stuck and their own vehicles, only allowed to freely use the physgun while in a sit.  Unable to physgun other players items unless buddied. Admin ranks can touch other players items without needing to buddy and Senior Admins being able to take their own sits with the Current Senior Admin permissions. 

I believe that doing this will increases the interest in staff as well and decreases staff frustration of staff, who play in the later ours, and are usually the sole staff on duty, from having to continuedly switch job for sits that can be solved with a simple goto. Yes I understand that this suggestion is more for the convenance of staff members and what I outlined here is purly my own suggestion and whats been outlined wont be the final product if accepted. I just believe that showing a little freedom to Senior Staff will keep them both interested in moving up for more freedoms and will stop staff burnout. 

I don't expect this to happen but I think its worth suggesting. Comment below your thoughts. I might be wrong. 

Who is it mainly for? - Senior Moderator/Senior Staff

Cole Sladvak // ColeSoft Grey

| PoliceRP | Senior Moderator | SRT Command Police Lieutenant |

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

2014 GL Veteran | 2016 PoliceRP LEO |

So what you described for Senior mods to get as a form of "limit" is the stuff that senior admins can do. I don't think people should have access to a whole bunch of commands to do off duty as then you almost have a point to where nobody will use the administration job and then there wont be a use for it almost. Another thing to addon is that you don't need people flying around without cloak on as then it just feels like a sandbox server or a darkRP server.

To continue, admin --> senior admin don't have access to spectate (using the command) as that's a JMT+ thing. To also point out, Admin+ can only grab peoples cars or props without buddies. They can not grab entities or anything else.

Finally, I don't think this was a bad idea to make this as of course suggestions are always worth at least asking but I kinda highly doubt it will get accepted unless SMT changes heavily.

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

• Manager

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗