5 members have voted

1. 1. Trial Mod?

• Sure
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Fruitt

What is your steam name?: War_Fruitt

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:106338063

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Fruitt

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I was previously an admin on Gaminglight, as well as an admin for two other SCP servers which have since either switched from SCP or shut down due to poor management, and I've been head of staff on another Gmod server back in 2015-2016.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) July of 2022

What date did you make your forums account? July 6, 2022

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 1

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community? No and I've never been while staffing for GL

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: CST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Mod (again I guess 😠)

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
I believe I should be allowed back into staff because I've always dedicated as much time to helping with sits, RP actions, and helping new members understand the rules to the best of my ability. I've always helped people even when I was in the middle of RP as staff takes priority to any RP situation I may have been involved with. I spent more than 7 months doing everything I could to make the server as pleasant as possible, even now after a false accusation costed me my staff position, I still believe that I may be able to continue to help the server even in these low population times. I intend to help stop any and all rule breakers as reasonably as possible without making players not want to come back nor making the server unfavorable to those that may want to return at a later date. I feel it also helps that I've had enough experience across a few servers to understand the best course of action for defusing toxic situations that otherwise would be more problematic and cause harsher punishment to be used.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are assessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
I would inform them that their attitude will not change the outcome of the situation and that the MRDM will give them a 5 day ban and any attempt to staff diss will also stack on with their ban/warn if they refuse to acknowledge what I tell them there is nothing more I can do  and I would swiftly issue the punishment before returning the now banned user so he can work on lowering his ban time by AFKing on the server.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players.
The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would split the sit up into which ever side everyone is on and then I would get testaments from each person to understand the situation then I would give out the proper punishments to all who broke a rule depending on the severity of the broken rule and how many people were affected.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?
The best way to handle someone who has no interest in getting punishment is to just let them know what rule they broke and what punishment they would get then I would issue the punishment and return them then I would keep a watchful eye on them for a few minutes to make sure they don't repeat the offense if they don't I would return to RP if they do I would issue another punishment until either they hit the warn limit and get banned or if they break a severe rule that requires a harsher punishment like a ban.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?
When dealing with someone who is actively abusing a known bug and he was reported for it to staff the first thing to do is attempt to get evidence of them in the act whether it be through a clip (preferred method) or to get screenshots of them exploiting if neither are admisible then all that can be done is a verbal warning to the person to not exploit and if it continues then a warn is required and if it's a job specific exploit removing them from the job can also be very effective to help deal with people who are exploiting on the server.

image.png.5c3f4e8c9b25fe55a13cf135faa18564.png

Edited by War_Fruitt

Current: Manager of Interrogations | D5 VCMDR | G9 QUETZALCOATL GT3 | A1 CSM Nightshade 
Former: Councilman of Internal Affairs Agency | Gensec PVT | RRH Foxtrot 26 | G9 Wraith GH1E11 LCPL | EXM RFM CCU RMS | Maintenance trainee x10 (trained by Spixe himself once! Had Lava fill out one test for me! Self-trained as well!)

Trial Moderator: 09/27/22 - 10/01/22 (round 2 12/04/23 - 12/13/23) | Moderator: 10/01/22 - 11/04/22 (round 2 12/13/23 - 1/18/24) | Senior Moderator: 11/04/22 - 2/8/23 (round 2 1/18/24 - 2/28/24) | Admin: 2/8/23 - 4/2/23

+ Scenarios look good

+ Active player

- No proof of warns

- Did not meet the word requirement

For now, I am giving a -support however, this may change if the application is updated.

*EDIT* [Edited at 09:52AM UK time]

Changing to a +Support as he has now added the SS and met the word requirement

Edited by Lovelock
Applicant updated app

1 hour ago, Lovelock said:

+ Scenarios look good

+ Active player

- No proof of warns

- Did not meet the word requirement

For now, I am giving a -support however, this may change if the application is updated.

Thank you I forgot about the screenshot and didn't even realize I was a few words short I have since gone back and fixed those issues as well as added a bit more of information to the application! 🙂

Current: Manager of Interrogations | D5 VCMDR | G9 QUETZALCOATL GT3 | A1 CSM Nightshade 
Former: Councilman of Internal Affairs Agency | Gensec PVT | RRH Foxtrot 26 | G9 Wraith GH1E11 LCPL | EXM RFM CCU RMS | Maintenance trainee x10 (trained by Spixe himself once! Had Lava fill out one test for me! Self-trained as well!)

Trial Moderator: 09/27/22 - 10/01/22 (round 2 12/04/23 - 12/13/23) | Moderator: 10/01/22 - 11/04/22 (round 2 12/13/23 - 1/18/24) | Senior Moderator: 11/04/22 - 2/8/23 (round 2 1/18/24 - 2/28/24) | Admin: 2/8/23 - 4/2/23

+support

Would make a great addition to the staff team

Clarkie

• Manager

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)