9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be staff

• No explain
    • Yes Explain

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Chavez / Jay 

What is your steam name?: Jay/Chavez

What is your steam ID?:STEAM_0:1:68798390

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes I was a mod on Nexus Rp I lefted the sever because the sever was inactive and a week after I lefted the Sever shut down 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

513 days ago

What date did you make your forums account?August 16, 2022

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?Plat

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)https://tools.gaminglight.com/profile/76561198876240420

What rank are you applying for?Tmod

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? no

Have you read the staff guidelines at? You will be tested on it: Yes

Timezone:CST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this):N/a

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I think I should be accept to staff Cuse I been playing for awhile and yes I am young. I think I have been doing good. I also just want to help with the sever I love Gaminglight and want to help if someone has a question or anything and I have been past staff before it shut down and was fun but it was inactive then I leaved the sever and leaved staff. But I been playing Gaminglight for awhile I would say I think I have mature then then the first time I played. When I was first playing the sever I was mingey but I dont think I am mingey as anymore but I am still mingey  I would say but I have been trying to be better. I got warns from a 7/12/23 but I would say I know them but just not the best. BUt I really think I should be staff

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would first check logs then if I see they Mass Rdming somone then I would bring them to me on like a budling then ask them why if they just start to curse When I ask then I would ask to stop and if they don't then I will gag them, then after that I would ask for help because I have not dealt with it but I would ask for help for any Mass RDM because Tmod Can not ban

Edited by Jay1234
  • Like 1

Currently: SL Advior  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

Jay, you’ve grown a ton since your last application and that’s really cool to see. However, I think you still have some maturing to do in two areas before you’re ready for staff:

1. Writing and communication. It’s extremely important to be able to communicate rule infractions and cite your sources; otherwise, frustrated players that don’t agree with your punishments will be more likely to escalate their disagreement or take it to the forums, and you may have trouble defending yourself. That being said, I don’t think you’re far off, because your writing is significantly better than when you first joined, so great job working on that. 

2. Behavior. Although I appreciate the honesty when it comes to being “a little mingey”, you always want to put your best foot forward when applying for a position. In other words, the minginess should be at zero or near zero. This may be less important depending on how other players feel about you and if they also thing of you as an occasional mingle, but nonetheless, I think you should strive to say that you’re not a minge at all to improve your chances of acceptance. 

again, you’ve made awesome progress since your last application and I wish you luck with this one!

• Gaminglight Love 1

-Support

Jay I love playing with you on the server, however I don't think you're fit for staff. Here are my reasons why:

-the minge that gets away, you're always messing around man and that's not a good attribute to have because people won't take you seriously when they need to

-Speech difficulty, being informative and direct with your guidance is something every staff member needs, and Jay I feel you stutter too much or find yourself unable to explain things in a manner others understand quite often. I feel you are not a very social person and that's why this might be happening, but this can be easily worked on.

-immaturity, you're a good RPer Jay, however the level of immaturity and how easily you can get frustrated isn't a good quality for staff and I feel you could bias your punishments off of your mood instead of proof or what is actually needed. 

Obviously that last point applies to everyone too, sometimes people piss us off and we give a harsher punishment than required, like me I have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of prop minging. I give out verbal warns to most everything else but prop minging will 99% of the time result in a warn+jail. Small example but you get my point. 

I think with some time and knowledge of the rules and what is/isn't allowed you would eventually make a good staff member, but for right now you should spend your time learning and try to stray away from the mingey stuff. I understand it's a video game and you're just having fun but sometimes others don't interpret it that way. 

Good luck 🙂

Edited by Jbane56
Grammar/spelling

13 hours ago, Jbane56 said:

-Support

Jay I love playing with you on the server, however I don't think you're fit for staff. Here are my reasons why:

-the minge that gets away, you're always messing around man and that's not a good attribute to have because people won't take you seriously when they need to

-Speech difficulty, being informative and direct with your guidance is something every staff member needs, and Jay I feel you stutter too much or find yourself unable to explain things in a manner others understand quite often. I feel you are not a very social person and that's why this might be happening, but this can be easily worked on.

-immaturity, you're a good RPer Jay, however the level of immaturity and how easily you can get frustrated isn't a good quality for staff and I feel you could bias your punishments off of your mood instead of proof or what is actually needed. 

Obviously that last point applies to everyone too, sometimes people piss us off and we give a harsher punishment than required, like me I have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of prop mining. I give out verbal warns to most everything else but prop mining will 99% of the time result in a warn+jail. Small example but you get my point. 

I think with some time and knowledge of the rules and what is/isn't allowed you would eventually make a good staff member, but for right now you should spend your time learning and try to stray away from the mingey stuff. I understand it's a video game and you're just having fun but sometimes others don't interpret it that way. 

Good luck 🙂

On 8/9/2023 at 10:57 PM, Jbane56 said:

-Support

Obviously that last point applies to everyone too, sometimes people piss us off and we give a harsher punishment than required, like me I have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of prop minging. I give out verbal warns to most everything else but prop minging will 99% of the time result in a warn+jail. Small example but you get my point. 

Good luck 🙂

+Support

Reading Your Application and some of the Views from other People you Remind me of almost 90% Of GMOD Players,

-For Stuttering its something everyone deals with and its not something that can be overcome easily to simply stop you from becoming staff over that is stupid, If you dont feel confident Speaking over the microphone And  cant explain it through voice but can through typing then just type, i did When i first became staff

-Immaturity, This is something as i said 90% Of gmod players are, I can see your trying to improve and some guidance from higher Staff will assist you in knocking it out of you,

-Messing Around, Again If your not breaking the rules have some fun? when your staff enforcing the rules it is different obviously you Are the face of the community, and i feel if you were to become staff this will change

I do wish you luck and if you need help with anything in regards to Staffing you can come and ask me, im always here to help new people 🙂

ExPolicerp Event Team Leader |  ExPolicerp Senior Admin | ExState LT |  ExCERT SGT | PD SM | EXSS ASAIC | Ex EMS Deputy | ExLore Senior Guard MI SHGO Carnor Jax  | EXSenate Commando SGT Taggart 

On 8/9/2023 at 9:57 PM, Jbane56 said:

-Support

Good luck 🙂

USMS Chief Marshal Administrator | EMS Lieutenant |EMS Assistant Head FTO | FBI Special Agent In-Charge | FBI FTO Training Deputy Director | HRT Sergeant First Class | SWAT Private | DOC Sergeant CO | State Trooper | UMC Level 2 Mercenary

On 8/9/2023 at 3:53 PM, Mr. Rob said:

+support 

great guy you have improved so much sense I meet you I believe that you are ready for staff 

I could come back then retire again and you still would not be staff.... eh fuck it +support

• Like 1

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

-Support

Lack of ability to communicate properly through text and speech.

Mingey, you seem to be messing around most of the time and it also makes me wonder if you intentionally are breaking the rules.

Not mature enough for a staff position, you can easily let your emotions take over as well.

Good Luck!

- PoliceRP Super Admin & Mayonnaise lover -

FBI  Director 1K-21 | HRT Overseer  | SRT SGT | UMC LVL 5 

Reserves: Trooper MAJ  | CERT 2LT  | State Head FTO  | EMS LT

Denied

Thank you for your interest in the Police-RP Staff Team!

Unfortunately, after intensive review by Police-RP SMT, this application has been denied. Please do not contact anyone regarding the denial of this application. 

You may re-apply in 2 weeks.

~Police-RP Senior Management Team

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png