D-block rework

Dutch-

What are you suggesting? - Minor and/or major reworks to the current d-block (I am aware there are suggestions already up, But i figured these ideas were large enough to warrant their own post)

- add a keypad outside the airlocks that opens both doors, something that lets either gensec who've fallen in to d block get out without use of the vents, and it lets d-class have another exit

- add a keypad on the gensec side of airlocks that allows for both doors to be opened at once (this is mainly for CI/d-class/people with keycard crackers)

- add another way to get on the balcony that doesnt violate OSHA. Stairs, y'know?

More re-downloading the map ish changes:

- Extend the entire area. Push the cells back so there's more space for combat

- add multiple rooms off to the sides of d-block, one to act as the mines, and others to act as role-play rooms/cover for d-class

Ridiculous rework suggestion:

- Replace the current d-block with site-50's d-block

I'm fairly certain its not as simple as copy and pasting it, But a rework to function like site 50's i think would be most ideal. The best thing about site 50's (and 13, and previous d-blocks before it allowed for this) was the customization they allowed with perma-props in the big open space

The customization would allow for it to change until a layout is found that feels 'right', Bettering everyone's experience.

I say site-50 specifically because i feel it had the best balance between gensec and d-class combat, Where d-class were given their area to snipe from, and gensec had their valuable sniper tower that had to be kept in check constantly. It always had both sides on their toes

Additionally, The huge area with an elevator that separated d-class spawn and the main combat zone.  I feel this one is most important and the most helpful singular change

How would this change better the server? - 

To be blunt, The new d-block is awful. It's restrictive and has completely killed the only thing people played d-class for: Rioting

It is supposed to add more role-play in having better control over d-class, But in doing that, Nobody wants to play d-class. Its ridiculous to have d-block be "an airsoft field" but at least it had people playing d-class that could be restrained for testing and feeding. The current d-block leans so far over having total control over d-class, its not fun or even remotely rewarding to play d-class if you intend to shoot people

For the elevator part: In terms of major map reworks, I feel this is the most important and something that really needs to happen. An entirely different map's d-block copied over is just something i think would be nice, But d-block spawns separated from the main combat area is really feeling quite necessary for both gensec and d-class. Nobody enjoys getting shot instantly by the guy they killed 3 seconds ago, and nobody enjoys dying in their spawn. Having the elevator delay respawning d-class and slow down the waves of combat is something that is sorely missed.

As it is gensec doesn't really have anything to do because of the way d-block is. Firing down one choke-point and one choke-point only, really sucks. It's boring and infuriating for everyone. It's nice to allow security to do more around site, But the current d-block isn't the way to do this.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Makes it easier for d-class to riot and take over site, Less chance of roleplay (but there really isnt any in this d-block anyway), Larger rework suggestions would take time and resources to do

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D-class, Research, Security, MTF, SCPs

• Gaminglight Love 1

image.png

+Support to every suggested change. If d-block is fully changed it should either be changed to site 50's d-block or something very similar. The minor suggestions would all work in the mean time and make d-block more fun for both gensec and d-class. 

Another thing I think would make D-block a lot better is if there were signs explaining each branch and how to join them, similar to the signs that were originally in site 50's d-block. Those signs greatly help new players gain an understanding of each branch and actually figure out how to join them rather than relying on adverts explaining them in the chat.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:14 AM, Roseeee said:

+Support to every suggested change. If d-block is fully changed it should either be changed to site 50's d-block or something very similar. The minor suggestions would all work in the mean time and make d-block more fun for both gensec and d-class. 

Another thing I think would make D-block a lot better is if there were signs explaining each branch and how to join them, similar to the signs that were originally in site 50's d-block. Those signs greatly help new players gain an understanding of each branch and actually figure out how to join them rather than relying on adverts explaining them in the chat.

+Support

The current D-Block is boring to guard and escape.

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+support

just place site 50 dblock in site 23

FORMER:  Foundation Doctor , RFA SIC/OA1 , SEC SFC, WD-V Eqvites Antonius MONK CI DHLS , CI SM , RRH Analyst , D5 MSGT , Maintenance ME
 "Domz" 
image.png

23 hours ago, Domz said:

+support

just place site 50 dblock in site 23

Just place site 50 in site 23

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater