Core's Warning Appeal

Imnotcore

Your In-game Name: Core

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:1:95917993

The admin's name in-game: Jones

What warning did you receive: Racism

When did you receive this warning:5/31/2023 

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: It was off hour time and I was hanging around, doing dumb things with Kaneki and other players. At the time I thought we're cool with each other and then asked him 'why are you black' through mic as a joke when he is around me as Tau5. Soon after that Kaneki reported me for Racism.

Why do you think this warn was false: 

I don't think asking "why are you black" to a player with black suit playermodel as a joke would be Racism since I'm implying facts on playermodel. None aggressive/ offensive/ inappropriate words/ tones/ manners followed by or ahead of the sentence as I have no other meaning than a simple joke, nor have I intend to commit discrimination against the individual.

The statement mentioned above does not necessarily constitute racism on its own or breaking General Rule 17 in MOTD. I believe my act and words have nothing to do with the accusation and "player disrespect". According to MOTD: "Never harass and/or disrespect other players/staff.

Gaminglight does not tolerate bullying or targeting based on race, gender, sexuality, or other identities, nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive. Gaminglight has a zero-tolerance policy toward this type of conduct." 

Second of all, Racism's definition states:" Racism is a belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another." which again does not match the situation.

Evidence the warning is false: N/A

Edited by Imnotcore

Ok so even though you have found your remark funny other people will not see things the same way not only that saying something along the lines of "why are you black" I would derive that is player diss and racism and in this particular situation the player who reported you did find it offensive so I am sorry but I am giving a -support

+Support 

Okay this is getting ridiculous, just because a person interprets something as another thing doesn't mean that thing becomes true. I've cracked jokes like this before and I am not trying to shit on the black race either.

Sack up or get off the internet. 

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

I think the warning may have been excessive but you knew exactly what you were trying to do by saying “Why is he black”. I know you were trying to joke around but it’s not usually the best idea to say stuff like that even if it doesn’t sound “racist”.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

33 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

+Support 

Okay this is getting ridiculous, just because a person interprets something as another thing doesn't mean that thing becomes true. I've cracked jokes like this before and I am not trying to shit on the black race either.

Sack up or get off the internet. 

Agreed 

I wasn't there, so I don't know if your intentions were to goad a reaction or not, but this alone is not worthy of a racism warn. I would say you should try to read the room better as some people are more easily offended than others.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

Accepted

To have your warn removed, go to the "Bans" Section at the top of the forums, navigate to your profile, find the warning for this appeal, and for the reason on the appeal, link this post.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT