Johny boi's Junior Command Application

Johny boi

Name: Johny boi

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:100135046

Current Rank: SR

Time in Research: 1 month

Why do you believe you should be in Research Command?😞

When I first joined Research, I had no intention of joining Command as well, but the more I play and the more Junior Researchers I train, it's become clear to me that being in Research Command would only give me more opportunities to help Junior Researchers become more familiar with how we do things in Research. Joining Research is a hurdle that very few players are willing to jump over and consistently playing and testing can be even harder for Junior Researchers who aren't familiar with the testing process, turning lots of them away, even after they have already joined Research. After training quite a few Junior Researchers, it became even clearer to me that I couldn't be relied on for answering all their questions, simply because I was not on the Command team. I am already a go to source of information for some of the newer Junior Researchers that I trained, but by joining Command, I aim to be a reliable source of information that all new Junior Researchers can count on to help familiarize themselves with the Research branch and the testing process. 

What can you bring to the table that others can't?: 

Cohesion and Mentoring. What I mean by that is, while I lack loads of experience playing the server and other branches, I have spent most of my play time in Research interacting with members of other branches and training new Junior Researchers. I have joined nearly every branch so I understand the function that each one holds within the Foundation, without necessarily having to play in those branches for hours on end. I have also gone through the training process multiple times and have effectively been able to streamline the process, reducing the time spent in training for new Junior Researchers and getting them familiarized with Research before they have even conducted their first test.

What would you do to better Research and increase activity?: 

I would start by streamlining the training document, making it easier and more digestible for RRA's by removing any redundancies and outdated information. I would also bring forward more Mass Test and PT ideas, we are lacking in that department right now and I feel like bringing new ideas to the table would be beneficial for all those within Research. I think implementing some more incentives past "Do a test log and you will be promoted" would be extremely beneficial to keeping new Researchers playing and willing to progress through the ranks in Research. I think the Divisions, where they stand now, are extremely underutilized and creating more Division-forward research tests and lectures could be a great way of revitalizing that part of Research. This idea was Gigazet's, but I think having RRA host open lectures regarding different SCPs would be a great way of adding more rp for RRA and drawing in potential prospects from other branches who weren't too interested in Research initially. Getting researchers familiarized with SCPs through lectures is also just a great way of spurring new test ideas out of the newly learned information,