Inventory Holster Suggestion - Denied

David

• What do you want to see? Players want to reverse the rule of being unable to inventory holster the KF2, Dual KF2, and MP5SD. These guns are infamous for being very private and have a reputation for insanely excellent killing. According to the Custom Job Format, 64% is how many guns are playable in-game by everybody (including criminal and government differences), 46% is how many are not, and 3 of that 46% is 6%.
    • Note: Around 164 total weapons in the game counted (this is out of date, and yes, of course, SMT is busy), 16 for criminal and government difference, and 36 for not allowed, and I am asking for 3.
  • Why should we add it? Players want fun guns. The suggested strategy encourages longer server sessions and enhances the player experience. The suggestion meets server standards because Gaminglight PoliceRP is a semi-serious role-play server.
  • What are the advantages of having this? Active/Semi-Active players play more due to being able to buy, sell, or keep the KF2, Dual KF2, and the MP5SD—incentivizing players to experience more game-play, collect, and use as role-play cosmetics (for example).
  • Who is it mainly for? This improvement suggestion intends for the entire community.
  • Links to any content, https://gaminglight.com/forums/articles.html/rules/policerp-rules/, https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/52687-policerp-custom-job-format/
  • Like 1

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

• Head of Staff

+support

When I receive one of these 3 guns, I protect them with my life and it's kinda discouraging when I lose one of the guns by dying a silly way OR only being able to use these guns until restart. If this is accepted, I think it's only fair if they raise the prices of these guns since they will be able to be holstered (Just by a little bit). Also, just to say; these guns have a reputation for doing a decent amount of damage (as you stated) but it's also because of the fact that you cannot holster them.

• Gaminglight Love 1

dM43pL3.png

27 minutes ago, Scor said:

+support

When I receive one of these 3 guns, I protect them with my life and it's kinda discouraging when I lose one of the guns by dying a silly way OR only being able to use these guns until restart. If this is accepted, I think it's only fair if they raise the prices of these guns since they will be able to be holstered (Just by a little bit). Also, just to say; these guns have a reputation for doing a decent amount of damage (as you stated) but it's also because of the fact that you cannot holster them.

-Support

These weapons are very powerful and should not be something that you should be able to holster. You have to understand that the MP5SD and the Dual KF2 are given out to Deputy Commissioner+ which is a very hard rank to achieve and those weapons shouldn't be easily accessible because of the weapon stats. Besides I don't think you understand what it would do to the overall pvp experience on the server and over time those weapons are going to be more common.

In the end I know you're talking about longer sessions but who would log off with a weapon that they can't holster and that they also spent about 65mil on?

• Thanks 1

- PoliceRP Super Admin & Mayonnaise lover -

FBI  Director 1K-21 | HRT Overseer  | SRT SGT | UMC LVL 5 

Reserves: Trooper MAJ  | CERT 2LT  | State Head FTO  | EMS LT

6 hours ago, Matilda said:

In the end I know you're talking about longer sessions but who would log off with a weapon that they can't holster and that they also spent about 65mil on?

-Support

PD MSGT, Ex D5 SFTO MSGT

Im back

9 hours ago, Matilda said:

-Support

These weapons are very powerful and should not be something that you should be able to holster. You have to understand that the MP5SD and the Dual KF2 are given out to Deputy Commissioner+ which is a very hard rank to achieve and those weapons shouldn't be easily accessible because of the weapon stats. Besides I don't think you understand what it would do to the overall pvp experience on the server and over time those weapons are going to be more common.

-Support

while it’s a nice idea in theory let’s be realistic. People will abuse the invholster command with these guns and cause a massive problem. These guns are crazy OP and I’d rather not have them destroying everyone all the time everyday all day.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

• Head of Staff
43 minutes ago, HuntR said:

-Support

while it’s a nice idea in theory let’s be realistic. People will abuse the invholster command with these guns and cause a massive problem. These guns are crazy OP and I’d rather not have them destroying everyone all the time everyday all day.

I’m sure if that happens staff will deal with it. I don’t think it will be everyday with these weapons since they’re rare. If you look at the SMT store logs in the discord you can kind of point out the time frame of when the weapons come out. For example the MP5SD had a length of 5 days in between (also there's only a limit of 2; meaning only 2 people can buy it). 

• Gaminglight Love 1

dM43pL3.png

1 hour ago, Scor said:

I’m sure if that happens, the staff will deal with it. I don’t think it will be every day with these weapons since they’re rare. If you look at the SMT store logs in the discord, you can point out the time frame of when the weapons come out. For example, the MP5SD had a length of 5 days in between (also there's only a limit of 2; meaning only 2 people can buy it). 

Good idea, making the weapon max sell count per time would help determine the economy balancing.

Edited by David
  • Thanks 1

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

14 hours ago, Scor said:

+support

13 hours ago, Matilda said:

-Support

Neutral however leaning more towards + support

Edited by RussTime

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

+/- Support

Its no harm in allowing you to inv-holster these weapons and have them used when u want to then a 1 time use on them weather u previously brought them from a SMT Store or the New SMT Shop NPC but of course still enforcing the inv-holstering rule when in combat and what not or maybe make it you can only use these said weapons "KF2, Dual KF2 & MP5SD" whilst on GOV when u buy them and not allowed to use them on Criminal jobs. But then you can argue how is that fair if Gov can use them and shred Criminals with these said weapons but Criminals cant, but these weapons are earned when u acquire them ofc only Deputy Commissioner+ has access to the Dual KF2's & the MP5SD but the Regular KF2 is for only Department Heads of Departments/Commanders of TAC Departments which is special and unique for them to have, I feel like if then criminals can obtain and use these said weapons then defeats the purpose to a certain extent of these Rare Weapons novelty worn off, of that Department Heads/TAC Commanders have of their KF2's as well as the Deputy Commissioner having the Dual KF2's & MP5SD etc.

Overall I would lean to +support this idea but somehow implying to what I just said ^^

Edited by Ecott
  • Like 1

DF Commander | CERT CO Commander | Gaming Light Legend Mr Top Donator

11 hours ago, Ecott said:

+/- Support

Its no harm in allowing you to inv-holster these weapons and have them used when u want to then a 1 time use on them weather u previously brought them from a SMT Store or the New SMT Shop NPC but of course still enforcing the inv-holstering rule when in combat and what not or maybe make it you can only use these said weapons "KF2, Dual KF2 & MP5SD" whilst on GOV when u buy them and not allowed to use them on Criminal jobs. But then you can argue how is that fair if Gov can use them and shred Criminals with these said weapons but Criminals cant, but these weapons are earned when u acquire them ofc only Deputy Commissioner+ has access to the Dual KF2's & the MP5SD but the Regular KF2 is for only Department Heads of Departments/Commanders of TAC Departments which is special and unique for them to have, I feel like if then criminals can obtain and use these said weapons then defeats the purpose to a certain extent of these Rare Weapons novelty worn off, of that Department Heads/TAC Commanders have of their KF2's as well as the Deputy Commissioner having the Dual KF2's & MP5SD etc.

Overall I would lean to +support this idea but somehow implying to what I just said ^^

i dont care GIF 

On 5/11/2023 at 1:39 AM, Scor said:

+support

I agree and I think that the guns are overly priced, and for this should be able to be holstered.

Edited by Azrael_

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

On 5/11/2023 at 2:15 AM, Matilda said:

-Support

minisigforums.webp

On 5/11/2023 at 2:15 AM, Matilda said:

-Support

AbqKCT0.jpg.d7d71d84ec722605acc3598d54f6b987.jpg

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP - Retired Manager

Retired SWAT Commander | UMC