1. 1. Should I be a Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1. What is your in-game name?: E-11 Edwards, Maintenance Arthur, CI Erickson
  2. What is your steam name?: GrimReaperXIII
  3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:11548133
  4. What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): GrimReaperXIII#2863
  5. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: Yes, I have been staff previously for a deathrun server, started as a trial mod and eventually got Head Admin of their TTT server. I also have a bit of experience as a Division Leader/developer running a gaming groups Gmod TTT server, co leading with another member. Then eventually opened up my own TTT server with a friend where I was the DevOwner. 
  6. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) I FIRST Started playing on the server around 6/24/2020, however, I have been recently super active again as of 1/5/2023
  7. What date did you make your forums account? 6/24/2020
  8. How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? Zero
  9. What is your donor rank? Gold
  10. Are you a staff member in another community? No, I am not.
  11. Have you read the staff handbook? Yes, I have.
  12. Timezone: Central
  13. What rank are you applying for? Trial Mod
  14. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I have previous experience as staff in a number of different situations and server types. Given time, I can show the Moderation Team that I can be a valuable asset within the team as well. I've been around for quite some time, and have thoroughly enjoyed my time within Gaminglight's SCP-RP Server. Within the past almost four months, I have risen through the ranks within Epsilon-11 and have achieved the rank of First Lieutenant and also am part of Epsilon-11's Ranger sub-branch command. I have kept a continuous eye out for those who break rules and double check when I am unsure of a certain rule, myself. I feel that I have a decent understanding of the rules, especially since I have 0 warns on the server, or any other GL server, and promise to uphold myself to a standard of excellence if I do get accepted for Trial Mod, since as a member of the moderation team, we are held to a higher standard and looked up to, to properly enforce the server rules and quell disputes among the player base.

Scenario questions:

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would separate the players into different areas of the sit area so that way everyone would have a chance to cool off and calm down. I would then talk with each person individually to get their side of the story and ask for any relevant evidence any of the players have. Depending on the severity of the offence, or the reason the sit was called in the first place, if it were a minor issue, I would give a verbal if it's someone's first offense, however, if the offender has repeated offenses, then I would warn them. If the offense was a major offense, then I would assess the situation, give out punishments as needed or escalate if required.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? The best way to handle this would be to ask if the player who made the report has any video evidence showing proof that the individual was abusing the bug. If they did not have any video evidence then I would inform them that without proper evidence then I would be unable to punish the individual. However, if they did have sufficient video evidence then I would assess the players offending history, if it's their first offense, I would warn them and if they are a repeat offender, then I would escalate as needed.

Edited by GrimReaperXIII
Forum doesnt support BBCode

Current: E-11 1LT, Deputy Head of Ranger Operations Edwards A-1 SPC ███████

Former: D5 Raptor Operative Corporal Edwards; IAA Senior Agent Oklahoma | Maintenance Adept Arthur; MMF Jan 4 Scotch-Brite | CI PFC Erickson | GenSec Lance Corporal Edwards | Nu-7 Master Sergeant Johnson

• Manager

+Support

Edwards is a very active member of the community, he is always willing to help out within Epsilon-11. 
Within his activity within E-11 he is always willing to help other users, and I think he would be able to corollate this within the staff team. 

You did excellent on the scenario questions, I think Q2 was an excellent answer. Along with Q4 requiring evidence, even if it is a reoccurring offender, we can never assume.

• Like 1

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT