Blizzy's suggestion - Denied

Blizzy

Adding a Mechanic shop to GL PRP  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Adding a Mechanic shop to GL PRP

What you want to see? - I think it would be cool to add a mechanic job instead of the repair tool. Down by shop 190 there is a garage this isn't really used much by implementing a garage there with a job that people cant take up would make the driving a little more realistic as if you blow your car up that's it, making police 10-80 hopefully more realistic as well as people repairing there car mid chase.

Why should we add it? - by adding a mechanic job it would add another way of making money as people always need there cars to be repaired, i also think that this would make people more careful when driving, it would also ad a sense of realism as well as increasing RP moments.

What are the advantages of having this? - The advantages of implementing a mechanic would be the following; reduce people ramming everyone's car as it wouldn't be as simple as just hopping out your car and repairing it, it would make police chases more intense as when your car takes damage you cant just get away and repair it, it would increase RP moments and it would also remove the buggy repair tool.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone 

Links to any content - don't have any links but i know of servers that use the mod im thinking of, if needed i can contact them and find out what mod / addon they use.

-Support

I think this will cause more issues then it will fix. You will wrap the car system around needing someone on this job. Common server issues will prevent this addon from being useful. For example the cars spawning in broken already at car dealer. Now players can not even use those cars and have to call someone to fix it. I think an addon like this will also generate more lag then it is worth in the long run. While a good idea in theory with how the server is right now I really do not see it working. 

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

8 hours ago, HuntR said:

-Support

I think this will cause more issues then it will fix. You will wrap the car system around needing someone on this job. Common server issues will prevent this addon from being useful. For example the cars spawning in broken already at car dealer. Now players can not even use those cars and have to call someone to fix it. I think an addon like this will also generate more lag than it is worth in the long run. While a good idea in theory with how the server is right now I really do not see it working. 

I played on a server that had this feature and it did not work well. Due to the lack of people getting on the job, it eventually got removed and replaced by an NPC. This NPC sometimes worked and most of the time didn’t. As well as people not wanting to hop on a job to RP a mechanic, I feel as the wrench is already really good as it is even when you sometimes can’t repair your car, you mostly can and it saves a TON of time and pain.

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, CERT 2LT 1CR01, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

Could you change the title, or this will be automatically denied?

"The title of your suggestion MUST include what you are suggesting. Putting " (Your name)'s Suggestion" will cause it to get automatically denied"

-Zeeptin

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander