Fizz's Staff Application- Denied

Fizz

What is your in-game name?:  Fizz

What is your steam name?: Fizz

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:223141362

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) I have no experience in Gmod staffing. I was however an Arma 3 community manager and staff trainer for roughly 5 years. Also a zeus (gamemaster) for those weekly events

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) OCT of 2019

What date did you make your forums account? November 27 2020

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Tier 4 Darth

How many warns do you have on the server? 2. Was a while back. I never appealed the warns.

Have you donated? Yes. Around 160ish USD

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Have you read the staff guidelines at

You will be tested on it: Yes

Timezone: -6 GMT Central Standard

Permission (Admin+ need this):

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length): I wouldn't say i deserve anything. I would however like to join the staffing team because to be frankly honest. I do miss doing that type of work. Some of the staff members i have already met seem like the type of people i could be on a team with and do good things for this wonderful community. Wether im accepted or not. I will still make reports on a regular basis. 

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: First and foremost. Keep calm. One thing I have learned is do not feed the raging beast. Talking in a polite and calm manner to help alleviate the situation and to hopefully calm down the person in the sit. If that fails and i wouldn't be able to get a word in. Gagging them could be another good option. Ask them if they have calmed down and are ready to be civil. If ot will become that much of an issue then perhaps getting another more experienced staff member involved would be a good idea to help to better mediate the situation. All in all the main goal would be to calm them down to try and better understand their frustrations or get to the full picture of what just occured in that particular situation. Keep cool, stay calm, be professional.

Edited by Fizz

spacer.png
[Lord VI] [Purge HVYAL 2LT] [ISB:IA JO]

-support 

Its a good application, but I would like to see more elaboration on the last question, it's a good answer, but I feel like it's missing the part where you actually explain what you would do. Keeping calm is great, but what actual staff actions(other than gagging) would you take to alleviate the situation? 

Elaborate more on that and I'll update my response.

EDITED:

+SUPPORT. 

User has amended the sections of the application mentioned above, I wish to change my opinion to a +Support

Edited by KLONDU

Current Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu

"The Saber Guard Defense Force"

Former: Saber Guard Primus

Playing Star Wars GIF

-Support

The application just lacks information for me. There really is not all that much to it. The last question raises some questions because in a way I feel like you avoided the question. You do not explain the punishments for mass rdm etc. You just talk about seeing the big picture and not getting mad. My personal opinion I would put more into the why you deserve the rank section. Just seems like you completed this really quick for me. Best of luck!

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

+Experience

Has experience on different servers which could benefit his time as a staff member if accepted.

+ Support

I've seen Fizz a lot, very active and mature. He communicates well with others and overall is a good person for the community.

- Lack of information

Personally I believe you could have answered with longer answers and more thought out ones. Try putting more detail in future applications and focus on what you write and I ensure you will most likely succeed. 

| Reaper |

| Nova Officer, Purge Officer, MC NCO, Naval MC TMO, Trial Moderator |

| Reaper |

| Past/Present Positions:|
SEN MOD
, RG V.Sov, MC Officer, Purge Officer.

season 5 episode 20 GIF by Star Wars

On 3/28/2023 at 10:53 AM, HuntR said:

-Support

The application just lacks information for me. There really is not all that much to it. The last question raises some questions because in a way I feel like you avoided the question. You do not explain the punishments for mass rdm etc. You just talk about seeing the big picture and not getting mad. My personal opinion I would put more into the why you deserve the rank section. Just seems like you completed this really quick for me. Best of luck!

I've been a Senior Moderator on this server before. I dont have access to the actual staff handbook anymore as I was away for like 5-6 months. I dont remember the punishment protocols.

I would say for a Mass RDM that would be look into from the logs. Warn them for Mass RDM x1 and then screen shot them or Medal the the clip and have it posted in the staff chat for a higher staff to ban them if its multiple times.

Edited by Fizz

spacer.png

@Fizz

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

Ok so. 

1x RDM/RDA - Warning (Verbal or Formal)

2x RDM/RDA - Formal Warning + Jail (300 Seconds)

3x RDM/RDA - Formal Warning + Jail (600 Seconds)

4+ RDM/RDA (Mass RDM/RDA) - Formal Warning + 5 day Ban
Except being a trial again I probably wouldnt jail the person . Normally I like to give verbal warnings first. Second time would be a formal for sure. Depending on the RDM count

spacer.png

-Support

| Imperial RP Moderator|

|Shadow Guard V|