Silence_

Yes or No  

1. 1. Y/N?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name: Silence

Steam Name: [GL] Silence

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:155449379

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? I am a senior moderator for SCPRP

How often are you online on the forums? Twice daily (AEDT Time). Except on Friday and Saturday (EST) where I am on from 5pm - 8am EST (They are weekends for me)

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat? 

I believe I am qualified to be a forum diplomat because I am very active on the forums and I also love helping people, I am always open to suggestions and feedback and can listen to what people are saying, I believe I also have fair judgement when it comes to arguments, I've seen quite a few arguments on the forums and believe that I would've been able to stop them a bit earlier if I was a forum diplomat. I have also wanted to be a forum diplomat for a while now since around January and I've been waiting for apps to open so I've read over the handbook a couple times to make sure that I know what to do. I also believe that it would be good for my in game branch since I can archive old posts as there's only one forum dip doing it for two branches.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

I believe that I have pretty good judgement when it comes to situations, as a forum diplomat I would not purposely give a worse or less-harsh punishment on purpose. A situation where I've had to make a difficult decision was a sit about a month ago where a guy and his friend were joking around and it affected other players, they were breaking NLR to kill each other and they were body blocking other players while doing it. One of them had a week on the server and should've known but the other had a day, so I had to decide between a verbal and a formal. I gave a formal to the person with a week and a verbal to the guy with a day. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

Once I would receive the report (or find it myself) I would tell the player that its is prohibited to spam post on topics and to read the forums guidelines, if they continued doing it I would go to a Senior diplomat and if they couldn't help then the Head diplomat and let them see if a forums strike is appropriate. (If there is a mute function for a user I would like to know as I couldn't see one in the handbook.)

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

I would send a forum diplomat message requesting that the topic be kept to a +Support/-Support basis or the topic will be locked. If they keep going I would lock the topic and wait for someone to review it. If the behaviour continued into other posts it would be followed up with further punishment. 

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

+support

activity on forums could be worked on, but otherwise good fit

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head of Staff

Accepted!

Congratulations! Your application has been accepted. Please contact Goat for training!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

• Frog locked this topic