Klondu's Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Application

KLONDU

1. What is your IGN? (In Game Name):

Saber Guard Primus | Royal Guard Centurion Guard Klondu

2. What Regiment are you applying for?

Royal Guard

3. Why do you want to be a commander of this branch?

This Branch means a lot to me. Almost immediately after joining the server, I purchased the apprentice rank and became royal guard. I've always been fascinated with Royal Guard, and this was my first chance to actually roleplay as one. I have seen friends come and go, and I have risen through the ranks and become the Highest non command rank in the battalion. I have put many hours and several suggestions into command and high command with the only goal of improving the battalion. I'll admit I have had my flaws, but since joining the battalion I have matured a lot and I know I am ready to move forward.

I've seen Royal Guard go through a lot of different phases. I've seen it go from one of the least played battalions that struggles to find new members to absolutely booming. I've seen great NCO's and officers alike, and I've seen people fall. I know this battalion in and out, and the handbook like the back of my hand. Any question that anyone could ask me, I'm 90% sure I could answer, and If I can't, I will use all of my resources to find an answer. I will protect this branch like it is my own child, God help the person that ever suggests its removal while I'm here, I've put too much work in and experienced too much to see it fail.

4. How much game time do you have on the server?

939 hours, 37 Mins

5. What is the Main Purpose of a commander for a branch?

A lot of people would probably just say that the commander is there to just lead the branch, but I would disagree. It so much more than that. The commander and vice commanders are there to be mentors for the entire branch. they are meant to be present, and available to everyone. Of course, you want to enforce chain of command, yes, but I believe a good commander is there for everyone to go to should they have an issue. A good commander might encourage the following of the chain of command, but in reality, their DMs are always available. They are the liaison between the players and high command. They are there to defend the member of their regiment, if necessary, from undue persecution and to work out compromises in the event that someone within the branch causes bad relations with another. 

With all of that being said, a good commander will always have his ears open. He is not afraid to lay down the law if he has to. It requires a balance of being friendly and being a hard ass, because there will always be people who try to flake the rules. Additionally, when you do have to enforce the rules, it is important to have a cool head. some people will flake the rules just to see if they get a rise out of you, and if they do, you have already failed. You also have to be tough without scaring people away. go too hard, and you may find you have no one left to lead.

Being a commander is a very delicate balance of a lot of things. 

6. Why should we trust you to be a commander?

Here is where I say my piece. I know that there are a lot of people on the server may disagree with my application to be a vice commander. I already know I will get a lot of negative comments, and I can't deny those. A few months ago, I wasn't anywhere near a good officer, much less ready to be commander of anything. There were also several times that, if I'm being honest, I should've been removed. Then something happened to me on the server that changed me. I don't need to say what happened because it isn't relevant. After that, I took a very large step back and I re-examined my image on the server. I wanted to improve, and I absolutely feel like I did. Since then, I have made great strides within the officer corps. I learned to calm my emotions and hold my tongue when it wasn't necessary for me to speak. I may still at times have a fiery temper, but that was the greatest thing I learned, was how to take that temper and handle it professionally. The old me would have gone off on people who made me mad. I now handle it with dignity and professionalism within the change of command, just as an officer should. I hope this statement goes towards how I have matured as not just an officer, but as a person.

As stated before, I know Royal guard inside and out. I know its member's likes and dislikes, and am prepared to again rebuild my leadership style to further benefit the battalion and empire as a whole. I have great respect for the battalion, and great aspirations even further than this. Should you trust me with the great honor of being a vice commander I absolutely refuse to let you down.

7. How often can you be Online?

I attempt to get on every day, but If I'm not able to be on because of work, at the very least I will be on for several hours each day on the weekends. With that said, My DM's are always open, and I am prepared to help anyone at a moment's notice should they message me.

8. Do you have any Warnings? (What for?):

I do, I have 2 warnings. Neither of them recent, they are both for RDM, but they were for foolish mistakes that I have since learned from. They won't happen again.

Current Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu

"The Saber Guard Defense Force"

Former: Saber Guard Primus

Playing Star Wars GIF

- support
Is not a great example
Application seems bare
I don't think is ready for VCMDR

CURRENT: Top G         #justiceforTrojan#slideforRacc
ezgif-5-6a7d47b9cc.gif.55b27bb40b576a3d5afd9c6988c3a6ae.gif
ex.DT VCMDR UNO/DT F16/DT M36IF HSL Eet Ptaa IF6NOVA BHSL LTCOL BARD
"We were on the verge of greatness. We were this close to providing peace and security for the galaxy". -Director Orson Callan Krennic

On 1/31/2023 at 11:11 AM, Joslin said:

+support

-excellent leader

-has proven that he's willing to do what needs to be done

-truly cares about RG

-will be able to work well with Dragon and Bob

This better fit than any hes grown so far in this community would like see more of him.

Current SSO Sub LT Icey

MASSIVE -SUPPORT

RG is known as being a serious battalion, with a set of rules meant to be followed. That being said, the fact that Klondu has even made it far enough to have the ability to apply for RG is nothing short of a miracle. I have had nothing but negative interactions with this guy. He's been penalized several times within RG for issues that should just be common sense. Klondu being a Vice Commander of any battalion would benefit absolutely no one except for him, and would apparently also be pretty detrimental to you if you happen to speak any language other than English...

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/JXVTdqZhK3JUm/Wdm1Pggu9eg6?invite=cr-MSxkaTksODI2ODQxMzks

Overall not a good example of Command material in the GL community, RG can do better.

Edited by darkstarson12

Retired GL Member "Dark"

Previous: Seeker Company Sergeant DT SN04 / S33, DT V07 (TI-23 Unit Marksman) TI-23 Unit Squad Leader F16, DT Vice Commander BR0/TI-23 Overseer UNO, Nova Vice Commander Battle, MOD Dark

On 2/2/2023 at 1:52 AM, darkstarson12 said:

MASSIVE -SUPPORT

RG is known as being a serious battalion, with a set of rules meant to be followed. That being said, the fact that Klondu has even made it far enough to have the ability to apply for RG is nothing short of a miracle. I have had nothing but negative interactions with this guy. He's been penalized several times within RG for issues that should just be common sense. Klondu being a Vice Commander of any battalion would benefit absolutely no one except for him, and would apparently also be pretty detrimental to you if you happen to speak any language other than English...

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/JXVTdqZhK3JUm/Wdm1Pggu9eg6?invite=cr-MSxkaTksODI2ODQxMzks

Overall not a good example of Command material in the GL community, RG can do better.