Nu7 WO Application - Dutch

Dutch-

Your name on the roster: Dutch (Previously drey)

Your current rank (SGT+ is required to apply): MSGT

You understand if we accept this you will have a 2 Week evaluation period where we will judge your activity and watch you closely? This should never be no: Yes, I understand

Do you have any warns on SCP-RP? If so, please say when they were, and why. You can check warns with !warns: 1 warn for RDM on d-class on december 29th spacer.png

Questions

Why should we trust you as a Command Member? (100+ Words): I believe that I should be trusted because of my absolute dedication to the branch and my desire to improve it. I have shown I can be trusted through my constant activity, As well as having successfully joined CI command and the staff team. Though I have not spent a large amount of time in either at this point, I have been in them long enough to have a solid grasp of what I can and can’t do, And what I should be doing with my powers. I have also invested a good amount of time in Nu7, Shown by me being a high enough rank to apply, As well as being in nearly every sub-branch that Nu7 has to offer. I’ve had larger responsibilities already, And i know how i should be making use of the power I am given, And i have no intention of steering Nu7 in the wrong direction.

Why do you believe you deserve this position, and why do you want it? (125+ words): I believe that I deserve this position because my honest, Most genuine reason for wanting to join command is that I want to change Nu7 for the better. There’s only so much making suggestions for small sub-branches can do. When I dedicated my second life to Nu7 I had to resign from security as a SFC, And I promised my friends in security that I would get to command and turn the branch into its best possible form. And that’s still exactly what I would like to do. I don’t think Nu7 is doing very well right now as It has low activity, The smallest main-branch roster, And barely touched sub-branches. I would like to help turn Nu7 and its sub-branches into something more interesting and worth playing in the eye’s of the community, Because there are lots of areas for improvements, And I think I would be able to help with those.

Why do you feel that you are the best option for the rank you are applying for? (50+ Words): I feel that I am the best option for WO because of my absolute dedication to the branch, My experience, And extremely valued ability of having some common sense. As I have recently applied and obtained a command rank, I already know what to expect from my duties and how I should go about handling them, And i know when and what decisions I should make when I need to.

Scenarios

You've organized squads for the people on at the time. You notice that a PFC is disrespecting others, in an extremely frustrated tone. What actions do you take?: I would take them aside and ask them to stop being disrespectful, While also informing them to either take their issues to PMs or to contact command if they have an issue with someone. If they continued I would warn them that their actions will likely result in a strike or worse, And i separate them from the group and notify higher command members to keep an eye on the PFC in case they continue, to give suitable punishment.

You have a problem with someone in the branch, whether it be they are causing issues or are not listening to you. They have not done this or have been warned about this before. In your opinion, what would you do in this situation?: I would talk to them and discuss the issue while trying to figure out why they are doing whatever they are doing. If they had a valid reason i would try to sort it out with them, And if their answer was something like "because its funny" I would warn them to stop, While also keeping a close watch on them in-case their further actions deserve a strike or removal from higher command members.

image.png

+ Support 
- Active
- Experience
- Shows capability of being trusted with responsibility
- Decent to Good answers

Question Analysis :
Q1 : Overall good and truthful answer, having known your character I believe you would make a good fit in the command team.
Q2 : Fair points overall, I'd like to see more on how you would improve the subbranches or activity, rather than just saying you would, such as offering suggestions but thats not much of your job at the current moment and the initiative even at non command ranks is still promising to see nevertheless.
Q3 : Good answer, but kind of generalizing, id like to hear more on what specific duties you already are capable of performing as well as showing a deeper knowledge of that experience, then again experience is not as much required for WO but still good to have overall.

S1 : More of a by the books answer, and while its not necessarily wrong I believe it requires a bit more personal touch to it. For example, that key bit is the extremely frustrated tone, we all get angry sometimes and I think it'd be better to just pull them aside and talk to them, its a game not a job, and then give them the proper punishment if they refuse to calm down or lash at you. But again, that more comes from experience in handling people, but a good answer for where you are at now.
S2 : Nothing wrong here, its always best to talk your problems out and then look to start resolving issues. I like that you directly imposed that if you were in the wrong you would attempt to change, as a command member, you are the first person who should be able to realize you did something wrong. Just a small nitpick, it doesn't state the rank of this person and generally I would let a 2nd command member get an opinion and or issue the strike or warning as bias may affect your judgement.

Edited by Mangoo

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

On 1/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, Mangoo said:

+ Support 
- Active
- Experience
- Decent to Good answers

Question Analysis :
Q1 : Overall good and truthful answer, having known your character I believe you would make a good fit in the command team.
Q2 : Fair points overall, I'd like to see more on how you would improve the subbranches or activity, rather than just saying you would, such as offering suggestions but thats not much of your job at the current moment and the initiative even at non command ranks is still promising to see nevertheless.
Q3 : Good answer, but kind of generalizing, id like to hear more on what specific duties you already are capable of performing as well as showing a deeper knowledge of that experience, then again experience is not as much required for WO but still good to have overall.

S1 : More of a by the books answer, and while its not necessarily wrong I believe it requires a bit more personal touch to it. For example, that key bit is the extremely frustrated tone, we all get angry sometimes and I think it'd be better to just pull them aside and talk to them, its a game not a job, and then give them the proper punishment if they refuse to calm down or lash at you. But again, that more comes from experience in handling people, but a good answer for where you are at now.
S2 : Nothing wrong here, its always best to talk your problems out and then look to start resolving issues. I like that you directly imposed that if you were in the wrong you would attempt to change, as a command member, you are the first person who should be able to realize you did something wrong. Just a small nitpick, it doesn't state the rank of this person and generally I would let a 2nd command member get an opinion and or issue the strike or warning as bias may affect your judgement.

This is an alternate account for forums/profile/37110-schoodst/

(I am unable to sign into my steam account on certain devices)

On 1/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, Mangoo said:

+ Support 
- Active
- Experience
- Decent to Good answers

Question Analysis :

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

On 1/9/2023 at 8:48 AM, Mangoo said:

+ Support 
- Active
- Experience
- Decent to Good answers

Question Analysis :

RPName: Tank

Jobs:  Nu7 CPT/GOC CPL

Retired: Security 2LT,CI RnD CA, Sen Mod, Nu7 MAJ
Note: Tank - Sleep is for pussy

• Giga locked this topic