Abumi's Forum Diplomat Application

(GL) Abumi

Abumi's Forum Diplomat Application  

1. 1. Should Abumi become a Forum Diplomat?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name:
Abumi

Steam Name:
[GL] Abumi

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:125882381

What is your staff rank and the server you work in?
I am currently a moderator and I staff on Imperial-RP. (Note**Was given permission by Head of Staff to apply**).

How often are you online on the forums?
I am on the forums daily whether that is checking command applications, server updates, or even just checking the general posts in the imperial section.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?
I believe I am one of the most qualified individuals to serve as Forum Diplomat. I have experience in multiple communities such as Zeus Gaming where I had assisted my community as a Super Admin. Some of my roles included managing quality of posts, relocating posts if necessary, or locking/deleting posts that were spam or inappropriate. In addition, I have shown throughout my time as staff that I am reliable whether that is aiding players who are not familiar with the Custom job format and correcting their post or showing my support through forums posts when necessary for important decisions. I am also accountable as I always show up to meetings on time and have always done what I am asked of by my superiors in a prompt and timely manner. Furthermore, I am detail-oriented and am always looking for ways to improve as a staff member whether that is asking for advice or requesting feedback from my peers on my work. In the community, I am always respectful to my peers regardless of their status and have shown that I am approachable, friendly, and attentive in situations where its needed. Above all I have great communication skills whether that is speaking with my superiors such as JMT or SMT on where I can improve as a member of the community or simply advocating my own opinions on ways the server can improve on the forums even if its by simply +supporting a post on the forums because the community input has value and without our input the community would be worse off.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?
I do have good judgment as a result of my experience. I have worked multiple management positions at companies and had to work through obstacles that had inhibited the work environment. Specifically, when I was in a leader position at Walmart I had to decide on whether or not to fire an employee or not. They had great work ethic, however, they did not cooperate with the other coworkers and often got into heated arguments with them as well. This led me to sitting down with them and discussing their conduct and how I can help them improve. After the discussion, I gave them an ultimatum on if it were to happen again that their place in the company will no longer be suitable. Despite this individual being a close friend of mine, I later had to release them from their duties because of the actions they chose by inciting more problems. As a result of his removal, the work environment began to thrive and we later found replacements that were more beneficial to department as a whole and led us to one of our highest grossing years for the department. Without having the ability to take my emotions out of an important decision it would have prevented me from being able to achieve a greater team.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?
I would first begin to hide the user's posts by reasoning of spam and reach out to the Head Forum Diplomat or a SMT member if the Forum Diplomat is not available at the time for a forum warning as a result of their conduct. I would then request for their future posts to be put under content moderation making it so they need approval in order to post further content. This will help prevent further spamming on various topics.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?
I would first lock the post preventing further arguments in the discussion then state why the discussion was locked. Afterwards, I would hide posts that are deemed against the forums rules and give the reasoning for the action in a response.  I would work alongside Head diplomat/SMT in regards to all actions needed to be taken whether it be possible warns or content moderation for the users depending on the severity of their posts.

Edited by (GL) Abumi

• 2 weeks later...

Application Accepted!
Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomats, your application has been approved! You will be receiving more information on onboarding onto the Forum Diplomat team via discord!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥