SCP 173 Mass test

Skry

Matt Stone
Junior Researcher

Test on SCP-173

Research question

Can neck armor protect personnel from SCP 173 related injuries?

Background Research

As the previous causes of death from SCP 173 were related to the victims' necks being snapped, I've pondered if it would be able to protect GENSEC/MTF units with the usage of proper neck padding/armor.
Hypothesis: The neck armor would successfully protect the personnel long enough for the soon-to-be victim to turn around and look at the statue.

Observations

I've had 3 D Class personnel equipped with neck armor enter the SCP  173 chamber. Afterwards, they've been told to look away. I closed the window blinds and waited.

After waiting several minutes I opened the blinds and witnessed that the D Class personnel was wiped out. After bringing in the corpses to medbay for analysis, the cause of death was found out to be cerebral hypoxia.

Analysis and conclusion

I believe that SCP 173 when unable to snap one's neck will attempt to choke the victim out by crushing their windpipe or general stranglation. I conclude that this option is viable as a way to prolong personnel's life before they die, which could be used to save them from death before they are choked to death.

Was the hypothesis correct?

Partially.

Not a grade just some of my thoughts:

Good test idea

I'm really impressed at how good this is considering its your first test log on the forms 

minor spelling errors

observation is short

when you say "I've pondered if it would be able to protect GENSEC/MTF units with the usage of proper neck padding/armor." This would be better put in hypothesis but that is just my opinion

Overall, good work on your first test log! I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.

Test log assigned for grading.
Please allow for up to 3 days to receive your grade!

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

For a first test log this is well done. The concept is great and the execution of the test log is great as well. Good job. Minor spelling mistakes though, but that can be excused for a first test log. Overall well done.

Grade: B

Former DHOR Tomato