Manio's GM application.

Manio

Yay or Nay  

1. 1. Do you approve?

• Yes
    • No

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In-game name: DT 1SG DF6 / Senior Agent Dima May IF22

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:114478871

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: Senior Agent in IF and First Sergeant in DT

Have you donated to the server?: No, I haven't.

Have you been banned on any GL server before?: No, I haven't.

Have you received any warnings (please give reasons if applicable)?: No warnings on !warns.

How much time do you have on the server?: Over 1 week playtime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How well do you know the LORE? Explain:

Starwars lore is large and in-depth so I would lie if I said I know all of it or majority. There are things that I may not know about, especially legends, however, my experience comes from reading comics, watching lore videos, playing on servers such as this and watching all the movies (with an exception of episode IX, I couldn't bring myself to watch that). Starwars was with me since childhood and I'm a big fan when it comes to talking about it. The knowledge I gathered over the years should also be sufficient to run some events as a GM since imperial era of the starwars is definitely not unknown to me.

Why do you WANT to become a Gamemaster?:

I've been a Gamemaster on several servers before so I know the job and what it requires of me. I simply like to spice up the general experience players get on roleplay servers by conducting pleasant and fun events for them. The joy of making a successful event that most of the people enjoyed is a sufficient reward for me. I have many hours in GMOD (9k) so I believe that my experience and knowledge of the game and also how to work with it would prove useful when it comes to making the server more fun and engaging. You see, my way of doing events is actually providing players with some way of challange that is something more than "Shoot this guy that has 10k HP". Some people will eventually get tired of shooting things and will want some lore behind the entire event, that feeling of hunger for some story is what I am left when most of the events are conducted. I think I'm not the only one that experiences such feelings, therefore I wish to apply for the position so I can satisfy that part of playerbase who wish to engage in events more and get some character development out of them.

Why should you be trusted to be a Game Master?:

Entrusting people with administrative powers is always a hard decision because you never know if there are here just to cause some damage. I believe that me spending that amount of time on the server while also being engaged in the regiments I'm in is enough proof that I'm not here to go in and mess things up, else I would just be wasting my time. I still consider myself someone that is not in a spotlight (which is what I enjoy) so some of you may not know me. I don't like standing out because I never had a need of being recognizable by many, although those that interacted with me on daily basis know what type of person I am. I never minged on the server, I never did anything harmful or something malicious and I never intend on doing such things. I wouldn't be writting this application if the state of things would be different.

Are you familiar/experiences with ULX?: Yes, I am.

Are you experienced with being a Game Master and how they function?: Yes, I am.

Give a brief example of an on-ship event, as well as an example of an off-ship event: 

On-ship:

A distress signal has been picked up by the Imperial Star Destroyer that appears to be two parsecs away from the current position. The ISD command decides to investigate and hyperspaces into unknown co-ordinates that have been provided within the signal. It appears that there is yet another, smaller vessel of imperial origin floating in the space. No lights are on, no sign of life, only dead silence that the crew is supposed to investigate. After sending a small ship towards the vessel, the crew on-board of the ship loses signal with the ISD. The ship itself proceeds to return to the ISD, although they don't respond to call-outs. After an order to shoot-down the ship is given, it rapidly speeds up and flies towards the side hangar bay before crashing in it. Those that survived the crash  run out terrified, confused and somehow hypnotized. Medical is tasked with stabilizing the survivors, both physically and mentally. When that is successful (and if), IF would be able to question the survivor about what he has seen on the vessel.

"At first, there was blackness and complete silence, except for occasional metal scratching, but we discarded that because the vessel appeared to be heavily damaged so we thought it was just wreckage doing... You know, wreckage noises. Although, after we proceeded to move forward towards the Bridge, we saw something move briefly. It was hard to figure out what exactly it was, but we knew we weren't alone. One of us proceeded to call out for survivors, I thought it was a bad idea to do that. We made our way to the Bridge eventually... It was filled with stench that bypassed our air filters somehow. 0547 almost puked inside his helmet. We got the data and blackboxes before proceeding to extract. That thing though... That thing didn't want us to leave with the stuff we took. First it got 4417, it grabbed him and dragged away. We saw some blaster bolts and heard screams before those ceased eventually. This is when we ran. I was somewhere in the middle and the team got reduced in numbers faster than I could say watch out. Me and three others made it to the ship. We sealed the door off and tried to take off, though we got slammed by something. I think that damaged our communication module. We heard the transmissions, but couldn't reply. This is why we crashed into the side hangar bay, to avoid being shot-down."

The trooper would then reach for his datapad before giving it to the ISB personnel or the highest ranking near him. If non-ISB would get the file and check it, he would experience some disturbing information. Anyhow, the ISB at the end gets ahold of the data and examines it before giving out an instruction to light up the entire vessel distress signal came from.

"One of those is crossed out, several remaining. The baits in the darkness, luring people towards them just to sustain. These things are darker than the dark side of the force itself, I can't imagine how many have been lost within those... Entities... Kill them... The survivors... Kill them before the corruption spreads. We don't want to become one of those vessels... I would rather be force-choked for several hours."

Off-ship:

"It is my great honor to represent your ISD in this mission. Know this, troopers - The empire will thrive if we succeed, people shall cherish you."

The ISB personnel has successfuly arrived on the Star Destroyer. Their presence, as usual, meant something will happen soon. Those people almost never arrive without any purpose or mission.

The ISB went to seek for the highest rank within the Army and Navy for mission briefing. They had something big planned, something that has been waiting for approval for several years, yet now they got the green light.

"Good day, gentlemen. You have been gathered here because of a serious issue we have been tasked with resolving. As you may know, after each victory we achieve, resistance always manages to rebuild itself and learn from their past mistakes. They often adapt to our tactics - meaning that we lose more troops than the Imperial Command would wish to. This is where you come in. The task is plain and simple, and I expect no mistakes when executing it. You are to travel to these co-ordinates undetected which means that you will have to come out from the hyperspace away from the planet. Send your best men on the ground, because we will be dealing with veterans. Yes, you heard well. The command has decided to launch a massive invasion on several resistance bases. This one, however, hosts the most experienced resistance command along with bootcamps. If we crush them, the future resistance recruits won't even know how to properly hold a blaster. Organize your men and be ready for invasion."

The troops gather within the debrief room once more, a speech is given by the Army Command along with the ISB personnel before being mobilized and deployed to the planet. It is cold, though not freezing. There is no life on it except for the one troops are supposed to extinguish. A planet that holds no values or interest, yet provides a great camouflage for one of the biggest recruitment centers resistance has ever created. 

Silence before the storm, two armies are soon to clash. Each men has been trained from the young age. Most if not all of them survived several conflicts. All of them ready to spill the blood for their leaders. For now, only infiltration units battle with one-another over information that can decide the winner of this battle. However, resistance seems to have ace up their sleeve, something that special forces need to take care of before the battle begins.

Do you know how to give a weapon/SWEP to yourself/someone? (Give an example):

!give ^ tfa_m4 - Gives a tfa_m4 to myself.

Now, there are couple of keywords you can use when utilizing ulx command.

^ - Targets yourself
* - Targets everyone
@ - Targets the person you are looking at
![shortcut] - Putting ! before keyword like !^ will result in the targetting being reversed. If you do !hp !^ 200, everyone but you will be set to 200 hp. If you do !hp !#admin 200, everyone but admins will be set to 200 hp.
$[ID] - This will target the steam_id or ip of a user. For example - !hp $STEAM_0:0:0 200 will set said steam_id to 200 hp.
#[Group] - This will target a certain ulx group. For example, if you do !armor #Gamemaster 200, it will give every gamemaster on server 200 armor.
%[Group] - This will target everyone that is that group and can target that group. For example !hp %admin 100 will grant admin and superadmin 100 hp.

Utilizing those shortcuts, if I wanted to give every gamemaster on the server a camera, I could do !give #gamemaster gmod_camera

Do you know how to model yourself/someone? (Give an example):

!model ^ models/file/file/model.mdl - This command will model me to model.mdl Also, it's best to check if the model has /player/ in its path because if it's not a playermodel, the person will be t-posing.

(Also you can utilize the shortcuts listed in the question above.)

Have you read the Gamemaster Guidelines?: Yes, I have.

+Support

- Beautiful app

- Shows that he is dedicated with the extensive app

Not much to it. This app just shows the amount of work they're willing to put in. Would be a great addition to the GM team.

Best of luck!

Retired General | Resigned Assistant Head-Gamemaster & ImperialRP Super Admin 

GM of the month February 2021 / Staff of the month March 2021

Accepted

Contact a V+ for training

| Retired Head Gamemaster Emily | Super Admin Emily | Retired Nu-7 Colonel, Vice Marshal, & Seventh sister |
"if you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf." - Nikita Khrushchev spacer.png