New Acid Testing on 682.

Eyelander

Name: Eyelander
SCP: 682
====================
Idea: What if, instead of filling 682's containment with hydroflouric acid, we filled his containment with viridatis acid?
Background Information: Viridatis acid is a custom acid, created by Researcher Michael Priest and I, comprised of Carborane Acid, Battery Acid, traces of Y-909, a small amount of liquidized SCP-500, a syringe full of vaccine chemicals, and materials from a used smoke grenade. Without context, the description listed above may sound like some sort of recipe to cook meth, however, these ingredients create a very efficient superacid that is be able to contained in a bottle, and that has the ability to spread throughout other acids that it is emptied into.
Hypothesis: Viridatis acid will be an extremely painful acid that will be effective against 682, making hydrofluoric acid obsolete.
====================
Observations: In the beginning of the experiment, 682 was told that the acid was changed to a new type of acid, called viridatis acid. The anomaly noted that the new acid was weaker than the previous acid that had been used on him. Already, I began to lose hope in the power of the new acid. When questioned more about it a bit later, he said that he felt a tingling sensation in his abdomen. We were getting somewhere. He described the sensation as a burning feeling, or an irritation, and it was beginning to spread across his body. I also asked 682 to rate the amount of irritation he felt, on a scale of 1 to 10. When prompted this, he responded with 2, which is an obvious sign that this acid is a work in process. Around the end of the test, I asked 682 to describe the difference between hydroflouric acid and viridatis acid. His answer was: "While hydroflouric acid was more hurtful to me, it only hurt my submerged body parts. Viridatis, on the other hand, hurt me less, however, it hurt much more of me."
====================
AUDIO LOG
Note: The speech mannerisms of 682 have been removed in order to make the message of what the anomaly was saying was clear.
.<Start of Audio Log>
[Papers are shuffled around.]
SR Eyelander: "Has the acid been spread into 682's chamber?"
MTF Nu7 PVT J0LT C00L: "Yes."
SR Eyelander: "Good. We can now proceed with the test."
[A switch is pulled, 682's chamber is filled with the modified acid.]
[The scientist clears his throat.]
SR Eyelander, shouting: "Hello, 682. We have changed the type of acid in your chamber, to a newer type of acid."
SR Eyelander: "Can you feel a difference?"
682: "No, not really. If anything, it feels weaker than the regular stuff they pump into here. Regardless of it's power compared to the other acid, it's like swimming water to me."
SR Eyelander: "I see."
[The scientist pauses, writing noises are heard.]
SR Eyelander: "Alright. Please describe how this acid makes you feel, any pains it gives you, does it hurt at all, etcetera."
682: "I feel a slight tingling sensation in my abdomen."
SR Eyelander: "Could you go into further detail about the tingling?"
682: "It's sort of like a burning feeling, and it's also like an irritation."
[The scientist pauses again, repeating what the anomaly said under his breath.]
SR Eyelander: "Regarding the irritation aspect- is it similar to an itch, or a rash maybe?"
682: "Yes, it's like an itch I have, except I feel it in many places."
SR Eyelander: "I thought it was just in the abdomen."
682: "The area it effects has expanded."
SR Eyelander: "Interesting."
SR Eyelander: "On a scale of one to ten, could you rate how irritating the sensation is?"
682: "Probably a two."
SR Eyelander: "I see."
SR Eyelander: "One final question. Could you describe the overall difference between this new acid and hydroflouric acid?"
682: "I think that the hydroflouric acid is more painful, but doesn't hurt me in that many places, only my submerged body parts. The viridatis acid, on the other hand, hurts less, but it hurts in many places."
SR Eyelander: "Thank you."
.<End of Audio Log>
====================
Post Test Notes and Thoughts

Conclusion: At the moment, viridatis acid does not seem to be an upgrade to hydroflouric acid, more like a sidegrade that is very situational. It definitely shows potential, and if we dedicated the necessary time and resources to it, it could become a very useful tool to use against 682.
Was your Hypothesis Correct?: No, I completely and totally underestimated the power of 682, and I forgot how much he can tolerate pain.
====================

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"