SCP-096 & SCP-008

cparsons5

Lore Name: Cparsons5
SCP: 096 & 008

Question / Idea: How will SCP-096 react to being infected by "The Zombie Virus" (SCP-008).
Will it cause him to cry louder or act different or will it even kill him?

Background Research: 

SCP-096 is a humanoid creature that is normally extremely docile. However, when someone views SCP-096's face it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress. SCP-096 will cover its face with its hands and begin screaming, crying, and babbling incoherently briefly before chasing down the person who viewed its face.

SCP-096 will not stop until it reaches the person's location, after which it will proceed to kill them. Afterwards it will regain its composure and become docile once again.

SCP-096 is to be contained in its cell, a 5 m x 5 m x 5 m airtight steel cube, at all times. Weekly checks for any cracks or holes are mandatory. There are to be absolutely no video surveillance or optical tools of any kind inside SCP-096's cell. Security personnel will use pre-installed pressure sensors and laser detectors to ensure SCP-096's presence inside the cell.

SCP-096 is a humanoid creature measuring approximately 2.38 meters in height. Subject shows very little muscle mass, with preliminary analysis of body mass suggesting mild malnutrition. Arms are hugely out of proportion with the rest of the SCP-096's body, with an approximate length of 1.5 meters each. Skin is mostly devoid of pigmentation, with no sign of any body hair anywhere on the body.

SCP-008 is a complex prion, samples of which are stored in each of the known G2 sites. Research into SCP-008 is highly classified and primarily aimed at preventing research which may lead to the synthesis of SCP-008 in the distant future. Traits of the SCP-008 prion include:

100% infectiousness.

100% lethality.

Transmission through exposed mucous membranes and all bodily fluids.

Not airborne or waterborne.

There is strong evidence to suggest SCP-008 itself did not form naturally on Earth, since variants of similar complexity would have displaced much of the ecosystem. In 1959, a short collaborative effort with the USSR to locate G2 sites and eliminate SCP-008 was negotiated following their discovery. The status of SCP-008 in Russian custody since collaboration ended is unknown.

SCP-500 has been found to be able to completely cure SCP-008 even in the advanced stages of the disease.

Hypothesis: My hypothesis is if we can apply SCP-008 correctly the most that will happen will be its crying getting louder or it moving less then it already does.
I do not believe SCP-008 will end up killing or severely injuring it.

Observations (What Happened During Test): During the test SCP-096 seemed a little more active (probably from feeling uneasy due to SCP-008's effects), we could
tell because of the pressure censors inside his containment cell. His crying seemed a bit louder then usual and could easily be heard outside his containment cell.
Overall SCP-008 did not seem to effect SCP-096 much.

Evidence/Visual Stimuli: From outside of SCP-096's containment cell I heard his crying get noticeably louder but not by a lot after being injected with SCP-008.
Judging from his pressure censors it seemed he moved more then usual.

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): I believe what could of caused the results could be SCP-096's high tolerance to a lot of things, for example it doesn't
seem to get affected by cold/hot temperatures, so it wouldn't surprise me if it had a tolerance to diseases/viruses.

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: My hypothesis was correct as I did not expect it to kill/seriously injure SCP-096 or do much to it in general. All I really expected it to do
was make him feel a bit strange or uneasy and maybe make his crying louder.

Edited by cparsons5

| MTF E-11 CPL | Senior Researcher | HMR
Custom Classes: D-Boi

Excellent work, Cparson. Keep it up & try to influence your fellow workers to do such quality pieces.

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁